PRELIMINARY FINAL - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most people's prediction for the 2019 Grand Final come one week early.

I have no idea how to feel about this one... On one hand we beat them earlier this year, coming off a good win and they are without JWH - All positive.

On the other hand, we have started poorly in a lot (most) games this year and the Roosters looked far better in the final few weeks of the comp (and first finals week).
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Roosters looked scary good against Souths. I'm very nervous about this game.

It would be poetic for Cooper's last game ever to be played against us... (hoping he loses, not gets injured/suspended)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Expected team.

1 Ryan Papenhuyzen
2 Suliasi Vunivalu
3 Curtis Scott
4 Justin Olam
5 Josh Addo-Carr
6 Cameron Munster
7 Jahrome Hughes
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith
10 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11 Felise Kaufusi
12 Kenny Bromwich
13 Dale Finucane

14 Will Chambers
15 Brandon Smith
16 Tui Kamikamica
17 Max King
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unless Bellamy's got some new tricks he's been saving specifically for this matchup I'm not sure we've got enough brains or talent to win this one. Or we take advantage of the Roosters just having a bad game :dontknow:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:55 am Unless Bellamy's got some new tricks he's been saving specifically for this matchup I'm not sure we've got enough brains or talent to win this one. Or we take advantage of the Roosters just having a bad game :dontknow:
would always rather play the Roosters without JWH ...than with him.

so that means this preliminary final is Storm's best chance to make the GF given the path they set themselves on by losing to Canberra.

you might be right...Storm might not have enough tricks but this is their best shot so they might as well leave nothing in the tank
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Last year's GF should be motivation enough, let alone the carrot of making this year's. Our away record is really good this year. I'm expecting to win.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Eisenhuth is injured and not available this week. Was probably in the 21 so wonder who comes in, Grant? Kata?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:23 pmApparently Eisenhuth is injured and not available this week. Was probably in the 21 so wonder who comes in, Grant? Kata?
Hasn't had a good run with injuries, has he?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not at all
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently this one was an eye infection that ultimately required surgery. Jesus!

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ry-report/
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesus...Hope he has better injury lucky next year.

Am I remembering correctly that Scott was really rubbish defensively early in the season? Most notably against Mitchell? Was watching one of the footy shows the other day and they talked him up more than I expected.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:08 amAm I remembering correctly that Scott was really rubbish defensively early in the season? Most notably against Mitchell? Was watching one of the footy shows the other day and they talked him up more than I expected.
100%. Scott was really bad defensively earlier in the season. How much Croft played a part in that is up for debate, but Curtis turned his shoulders in on a number of occasions only to be burnt on the outside.

Against Latrell I would almost want him to forget the up and in defensive structure and play man-on-man. Every single Roosters backline movement, Scott should get up off the line and in his face. As he gets the ball, Scott should be on top of him. Take him completely out of the game and deal with the issues around that as a secondary priority.

Maurice Blair played this role quite well a number of years ago. He came in to the centre position due to injury/form of other players but did exactly that - defensive pressure on his opposing centre and for the most part, it worked quite well. I remember him coming up against some damaging centres and mostly eliminating them as a threat by not giving them any room to breathe.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Referee appointments for Saturday night
Head Referee Gerard Sutton
Assistant Referee Adam Gee
Touch Judges Belinda Sharpe and Nick Beashel
Senior Review Official Steve Chiddy
Review Official Ben Galea
Standby Referee Matt Cecchin
Standby Touch Judge Rickey MacFarlane
Mattpoet