SEMI FINAL - Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I want to explain...Tuesday morning at training Hughes started training at 7 about 20 minutes into training he went up to collect the ball and came down awkward and crumpled to the ground (at the time I couldn’t see who it was)...the doctors sprinted out to him walked him off the field to the other side and they were doing all their knee tests ect including the ACL test...Hughes then got up and walked slowly from the ground passed some of the players including Sandor who I heard him say have you done it...Hughes said maybe pointing to his knee...in this time the doctors were standing close to us on his phone saying need to book an emergency scan for a player Jerome Hughes knee injury. As Hughes walked passed us my friend asked him if he was ok ..Hughes had tears in his eye and said not sure yet gotta get it checked out but it’s not good ...she being the mother she is gave him a hug and he walked off with the doctor
Brodie Croft then took over for the rest of the session. When training was over Bellamy had a 10 minute chat to Brodie ...when Brodie came off we asked him if he was playing..he said Craig had told him it was most likely he would be after what had happened to Hughes.
When Bellamy came off the field he was visible upset He literally told us not to say anything about Hughes so I didn’t

Now one of the girls I speak to also went to training the next day on weds and she said Hughes came out and was training with the injured group and Brodie was still training at 7

Now none of this actually came out in the media ...but if you listen to Craig’s press conference from last night craig confirms Hughes had an ACL injury scare ...so I’m glad I’m not completely stupid and it did happen
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kinda incredible that it didn't get out. Not even a whisper of it in the media.

Kudos to you lot that were there.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn’t know about Jahrome going down at training but got the tip of Scott in for Chambers (and Chambers to bench with Joe dropping out) early in the week.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jahrome worries me. I feel he's been held together by a string. The number of times he has looked to have been injured in the past few years. Hopefully he gets through the season OK and then has some luck next year.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very impressed with Olam in defense. He’s handled every centre he’s faced including Blake and Leilua the last couple weeks. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone dominate them defensively like Olam has.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith gets a fine.

Sivo gets a week.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:05 am Cam Smith gets a fine.

Sivo gets a week.
...and which one was sin-binned? :roll:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't answer that in appropriate language...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smithy kicks goals this year the best he ever has (like 82%). Gets to the first elimination final and kicks at 16.5%... Faaaaark!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I love how fired up NAS was. We need the enthusiasm to carry over into next week if we're going to topple the Roosters.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been huge, pun intended, the last 6-8 weeks.