QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bartos
Squall
Squall

shorton wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:53 pm How many tries will Sivo score against Vunivalu next week?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bartos wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:52 pm How come so many members didn't take out the same seat option last night. So many members around me were missing. Where did they go?
Ahem, cost maybe?
Personally I pay a small fortune for my seat that often I cannot make, but that's my choice and I wear it. Come the finals I always go with the poverty seats somewhere behind the goals. For the first final, I was at work, for the second final, at work. If they'd won last night I'd have made it to the prelim. Double Bugger
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As awesome as the Eels were they were made to look that way by the softness of the opposition. Even the Titans would've run in plenty against that Bronco's team.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Judging by Saturdays forecast it's predicted raining so won't help parras style at all
player191
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I reckon we were deadset robbed , to finish 6 points clear on top ,then to lose like that .in my opinion we are still the best team in the comp ,we will flog the eels ,the winner of us and roosters will win the grand final
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 pm When we made the looong break down field Paps was pulled down, nothing, and then Croker holds on right in front of the posts till all his mates are back on side, penalty only for the thoroughly professional foul.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nr ... 3a46abf3cc

Bit late now, but the refs boss admitted there were mistakes made and Klien and the touchy have been dropped for this week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 amBit late now, but the refs boss admitted there were mistakes made and Klien and the touchy have been dropped for this week.
Yeah, too late now. The damage has been done. After all of the sh*t our club has had to endure from Klein over the years, I can't believe he is still assigned Storm games. He was a complete joke last week.
shorton
Squall
Squall

Yeah Klein stuffs is every game.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Funny, there's no mention on Fox Sports of us being robbed and that the ref and touchie have been subsequently dropped for their 'performance'... there is however an article there about Cam's "ref-whingeing". Absolutely f-ing pathetic they are.

They do also mention the "struggling Philadelphia Steelers" NFL team in another article (for non-NFL fans, there's no such team), so across the board their bar isn't that high for journalism standards obviously.
OnTheHill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Klein wasn't good and never is really. Where's Cecchin at?? And the touchie made a mistake, albeit a massive one at a bad time. At the end of the day, he's human and made a mistake. Sh1t happens unfortunately

We weren't robbed though by referee decisions on Saturday, more by our own undoing.

NAS with a contender for dumbest double movement of all time
Suli and Will stuffing up with an obstruction inside the 10m early
Will dropped pill off Jahrome inside 10m with numbers and space
NAS dropped pill inside 15

I'm sure there's others.

All were early in the tackle count.

Refs don't help but we were our own worst enemy on Saturday.

To be honest I've been to 8 GF's. If we are going to win it we have to beat the Roosters. By playing them in a prelim it saves me about $1500 plus so there's that I guess :-D
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I disagree - in my opinion, we were definitely robbed. Either of those players being sin binned could/should have resulted in more points for us, and we lost by 2. Sure, if we hadn't made our own mistakes we probably would've been able to overcome the poor refereeing, so that's definitely on us and very frustrating, but even with our mistakes we still should have won had the game been refereed fairly.

I do agree though, I would rather lose to the Roosters in a prelim than another GF, and currently we're not playing anywhere near where we'd have to be playing in order to beat them.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OnTheHill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm NAS with a contender for dumbest double movement of all time
+1 The ref was basically standing over him
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:15 am
OnTheHill wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:25 pm NAS with a contender for dumbest double movement of all time
+1 The ref was basically standing over him
There's a saying in Rugby (Rah Rah) that the IQ matches the number. I sometimes think we in league have it the wrong way around. (Although a certain number 2 might be very close to the mark)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah it was certainly another brain snap from NAS (much like some of his play-the-balls that have been penalised after a decent run), but I wasn't convinced that he actually touched the line with his double movement - to me, it looked like he tried to move it closer but it was held up and then pushed back before the line when it was grounded. Either way, it was dumb, but did anyone actually see it touch the line at any stage?
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am Yeah it was certainly another brain snap from NAS (much like some of his play-the-balls that have been penalised after a decent run), but I wasn't convinced that he actually touched the line with his double movement - to me, it looked like he tried to move it closer but it was held up and then pushed back before the line when it was grounded. Either way, it was dumb, but did anyone actually see it touch the line at any stage?
You're technically not allowed to promote the ball forward in a tackle so even if it didn't touch the try line it could have been given a penalty anyway. Given it was so close to the try line and it was clear that he was doing it to try to gain an advantage (attempt towards a scoring play) he didn't really give the ref much of a choice.