QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Nothing much to like about that half at all.

Defence was ok but not great; Raiders have missed a few opportunities through their poor decision making.
Handling is poor.
We have no real vision in attack.
Refs giving us nothing.

Why the Raiders player wasn't sin binned for the chicken wing is beyond me. Brandon screamed and he had a second go.

Other thoughts
- Vunivalu needs to spend some time in Q Cup to improve his positional play
- If I never see Chambers in a purple jersey again I won't say I'd be disappointed
- Hughes is not the answer at halfback (I don't think Croft is either, so I don't know where we stand).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
shorton
Squall
Squall

Chambers offers nothing, and I mean nothing, in offence. It’s like our attack is one player short because of him. So disappointing
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Badly needed that. Something from nothing
shorton
Squall
Squall

lima lima lima duck me. I’m done
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We deserved to lose.

Refs gave us nothing, and there was no way on God's green earth that Suli was in touch, but we were crap.

I hate to be negative, I really do. But time to start planning for 2020. This team can't beat last night's Roosters.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm We deserved to lose.

Refs gave us nothing, and there was no way on God's green earth that Suli was in touch, but we were crap.

I hate to be negative, I really do. But time to start planning for 2020. This team can't beat last night's Roosters.
I agree. I’m also extremely upset. That was an awful way to lose.

Also, how on earth can this club win 20 games in a season but not win a game like this when it counts?

So aggravating.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Always vulnerable to shitty decisions in the nrl. We needed to do a better job closing that one out. Had plenty of chances to go up more than 4 points.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can not win big game without a recognized half back. Good or bad Croft is a halfback, Hughes is not. I do not want to loosed another grand final, as much as I hate saying it. Give it to the Roosters now and lets start 2020. We win 20 games in the season then loose when it counts because the coach for some unreason has changed the spine. Croft may not be great but he gives you more than Hughes at halfback. I know Craig likes Hughes but this is so silly is sad
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The refs allow the Raiders to get away with so much crap - the same stuff, and worse, that they penalise us for - but we can't get over the frustration that this causes when we play them for some reason.

The most frustrating thing with our defense tonight was seeing how well we controlled the middle of the field by getting up quickly & shutting them down, but then hung back or backpedalled and gave them all the space in the world once they headed towards the edges.

But Addo-Carr simply cannot lose the ball where he did, and handling/positioning issues from NAS and Chambers were very costly, and should not be happening in finals football.
shorton
Squall
Squall

What a disastrous last 3 minutes to end our season. Addo-Carr loose carry, Vunivalu not going into touch and Munster’s last second bomb bouncing 20 metres backwards.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Croft calls are bizarre considering you’ve watched him play. We were winning in spite of his performances. Hughes may well not be the answer either but he’s far from the issue as well.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Devastating loss , but we are still in this competition. That is what a 20 win season has given us- a second chance.

Home final next week. Extra day’s rest. I assume we will play next Saturday, against either Parra or Bris who play tomorrow.

Then off to SCG to play Roosters. Frankly it is hard to see how we can beat them- but as someone said, I would rather lose to them in prelim than get smashed again in a grand final.

No injuries, I think.

Will be interesting to see if Craig pulls anyone out of QCup.

Cheer up folks, the sun will come up tomorrow.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, I don't think Croft being out there tonight instead of Hughes gets us the win, and that's the point - Croft is a halfback but gives us nothing more than Hughes who isn't.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy didn’t single out anyone but apparently a few of the boys went off script in terms of game plans and he didn’t seem pleased at all.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm We deserved to lose.
IF we get through next week I think the Roosters at the SCG is getable, I doubt we'll be expected to win so the under dog status might actually come to our aid. As others have said, I'd rather lose to them at the second last.

Has Craig found Sticky's way of losing, by 1 or 2 points only?