Round 24 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
shorton
Squall
Squall

If anyone wants an update on Munsters injury check out the Nrl Physio on Twitter.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Superb win.

Paps clearly our best number 1.

Not sure who is better 7. I wonder if Munster rested next week, and both Jahrome and Croft play.

Suli strong runs in second half.

Max King excellent .
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny brilliant again too.

NAS set us up early with his strong runs.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So many positives.

It is very important that we have a 9, 11 and 12 who all play 80 quality minutes.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm Typical Brookvale grubs - apparently a Manly fan arrested for throwing a punch at Chambers as he was walking off to the bin.
I wonder how much the News hate campaign played into it or was he just another Manly grub?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apart from his howler, I thought Suli was good. Great returns from the back. His kick on the fifth which looked like a set move was a surprise.
Not convinced Hughes is a better option than Croft but he did do a couple things Brodie wouldn’t have attempted or even executed.

Smith was awesome once again and Paps is a star.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a win! Outstanding effort across the park. Great to beat those pricks by 30 :-D
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Were we good or did they make us look good, Manly were woeful and just gifted us so much possession, or did we force their errors through perceived pressure? Their injuries didn't help either. (I wonder how the Sydney medjia are going to spin it that the inhuries were all our fault)

Suli is funny and when my seven year old sees the replay he'll ask why did Suli throw that ball back! He thinks Suli does something silly every game!

Croft v Hughes, i'm not sure which way i lean, i think Hughes is much better close to the line, especially with the boot. One thing I'm certain of is Billy Slater Mk.2, sorry, Paps has to be the fullback. I liked him coming on as an impact player but he's just too good, he has 80 minute impactability in him.

What's the thoughts on Chambers and the judiciary this week, no case to answer or will the MRP back their on field colleagues? Seems to me it was nothing more than a penalty and a referee assisted Manly leg up, of which i think their were a few, and fortunately to no avail.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Couple of things stand out in the Hughes vs Croft battle. So far we've looked much more assured defensively. And there is no way Croft is putting in that kick down the touchline which got us a repeat set. And I'm not sure he makes the play and pass to set up Paps for his try either.

Hughes wasn't perfect but I think that comes down to timing being off and the conditions rather than mental errors or throwing terrible passes.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When Manly couldn't hold the ball whilst Chambers was off, I was yelling karma's a b**** at the TV and flipping Cummins off every time his smug, cheating face appeared.
shorton
Squall
Squall

How many players we rest next week? Munster, Smith, Addo- Carr, Bromwich?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

shorton wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:13 pm How many players we rest next week? Munster, Smith, Addo- Carr, Bromwich?
Rest as many of our spine and forwards as possible IMO. I'd send them out something like this:
1 Hynes
2 JAC
3 Olam
4 Chambers
5 Suli
6 Walters
7 Croft
8 Tui
9 Grant
10 King
11 Stimson
12 Eisenhuth
13 Brandon

14 Tino
15 Felise/Bromwich/NAS/
16 Schonig
17 Seve/Kata
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Won't happen, we did that in 2011 and I reckon it derailed us a bit.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:28 am When Manly couldn't hold the ball whilst Chambers was off, I was yelling karma's a b**** at the TV and flipping Cummins off every time his smug, cheating face appeared.
If you & I were both doing this exact same thing, I wonder how many others were as well! :lol:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:56 pm Won't happen, we did that in 2011 and I reckon it derailed us a bit.
It's tempting to rest players.....but I reckon they're finely tuned to play each week.

Maybe the 2 x Cams should be rested but that's all imho
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time