Round 23 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

25 mins in 35% possession. Munster - “I know! Kick on the first tackle!”.

Brilliant.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stop the game when the Storm have attacking momentum to let the Titans player get to marker :lol:

Quick tap, Peachy tackles Munster 5 metres offside, no sin bin :lol:

Everyone can see what the f*ck is happening here.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've witnessed some seriously shit refereeing in my time (hello 2006 GF), but this is going to another level.
shorton
Squall
Squall

Great decision to bench Croft. The team is going really well
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Continue to think we go as Munster goes.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm 25 mins in 35% possession. Munster - “I know! Kick on the first tackle!”.

Brilliant.
I thought exactly the same thing. Brilliant if it had have come off but not really the time and place for it.

I thought Smith, Kamikamica and King were all good from the bench.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only the Titans but good signs on the right side not looking terrible defensively.

Paps roaming around the field for 80 minutes is such a threat for us. Hughes was fine at halfback. To me it's an easy decision to stick with that but will Bellamy think the same thing?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:47 pm
yourhero wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm 25 mins in 35% possession. Munster - “I know! Kick on the first tackle!”.

Brilliant.
I thought exactly the same thing. Brilliant if it had have come off but not really the time and place for it.

I thought Smith, Kamikamica and King were all good from the bench.
Going to really need that effort off the bench. Kamikamica was awesome. Huge effort after being a bit poor last week.

It also shows how incredibly important Smith coming off the bench is.

I still feel that we might need an extra prop instead of running a second-rower off there - hopefully King can fill that hole.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In limited opportunity, King was very good. Had purpose in his runs. Good debut mate!
shorton
Squall
Squall

Manly’s win today was a bad result for us
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

shorton wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:56 pm Great decision to bench Croft. The team is going really well
Hmmm, did we really? We made a great attempt at shooting ourselves in the foot.
Kenny's stellar form continues.
Someone made reference to the 2006 GF, that was more the video ref than on field. Still pissed about that one
Of course nowadays the bunker can get involved whenever they like and Peachy's off side could easily have been called from off field. Disgusting effort
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm Only the Titans but good signs on the right side not looking terrible defensively.

Paps roaming around the field for 80 minutes is such a threat for us. Hughes was fine at halfback. To me it's an easy decision to stick with that but will Bellamy think the same thing?
Craig postgame implied he may well stick with that - he certainly did not say Croft would come straight back in,
shorton
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 pm
shorton wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:56 pm Great decision to bench Croft. The team is going really well
Someone made reference to the 2006 GF, that was more the video ref than on field. Still pissed about that one
Of course nowadays the bunker can get involved whenever they like and Peachy's off side could easily have been called from off field. Disgusting effort
Not good at picking up sarcasm obviously
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

shorton wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 pm
Given your assessment was correct (first time for everything), I'm sure we can then all agree that you're not good at knowing what "sarcasm" means.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:08 pm
shorton wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Given your assessment was correct (first time for everything), I'm sure we can then all agree that you're not good at knowing what "sarcasm" means.
irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, sardonicism, dryness, causticity, sharpness, acerbity, acid, bitterness, trenchancy, mordancy, cynicism

On a completely different tact, thank god for the Storm as Joel Wilson let me and all of Australia down badly last night. (And we complain about referees making decisions)