Round 23 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind seeing Max King get a run against his old side.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was at the members captain run this morning. Max King becomes player 199 tomorrow. Scott and Olam will play the centres. Chambers was not there, he is not playing. From what I saw today Hughes is the 7 and Paps is the 1 and Croft is not playing, Stimson is not playing also
Last edited by glennb on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:21 pm I as at the members captain run this morning. Max King becomes player 199 tomorrow. Scott and Olam will play the centres. Chambers was not there, he is not playing. From what I saw today Hughes is the 7 and Paps is the 1 and Croft is not playing, Stimson is not playing also
Wow that’s quiet a shakeup but I must say I’m pretty happy with that.
I thought Brodie was poor as was Tui off the bench and Chambers was poor at crucial moments.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stimson and Chambers have drop out of the 21. Scott is in the centres. King and Grant are still reserves. The announced King will be player 199 tomorrow and gave him his jumper. So he will be on the bench. I would say Paps off the bench to fullback, with the new bench being B. Smith, King, Eisenhuth and Kamikamica. I hope Hughes to 7 is not a permanent thing so close to the finals. We can not beat the Roosters with him a 7.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NRL website reporting Chambers out for 2-4 weeks with sprained ankle
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope no Croft in the side is an addition by subtraction for the right side defensively. Although with no Chambers there it might not matter anyway.
shorton
Squall
Squall

Roosters now have a better points for and against. They will now finish Minor Premiers
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If they win tonight they will still be second because we have two more points than them. They have a better for against than us at the moment because we have not played yet.

It is called simple maths.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Roosters are red-hot. Heartbreaking witness Cronk and his backline pull off some very familiar plays.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

shorton wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:23 pm Roosters now have a better points for and against. They will now finish Minor Premiers
No, they don't.
Storm have 277, Roosters have 254.
We also have won an additional game and have a game in hand (against the Titans).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

bula wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:18 pm Roosters are red-hot. Heartbreaking witness Cronk and his backline pull off some very familiar plays.
Roosters going well, but hardly red hot. Dragons were insipid at best.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Dragons were atrocious. You could tell they were going to be pumped from the first try. They had the numbers in defence and it was a simple backline play by the Cocks. They backed off and let Manu stroll through like he was going for a Sunday afternoon walk. Embarrassing really.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shorton wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:23 pm Roosters now have a better points for and against. They will now finish Minor Premiers
No surprise that you are wrong once again. I don’t think you know how to read the ladder... get an adult to help you.

The Roosters have more points scored at the moment (midway through a round :roll:), but have conceded 71 points more than the Storm.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brodie Croft and Harry Grant drop out of our squad to face the Titans today. Ryan Papenhuyzen will start at fullback, with Jahrome Hughes to start at halfback. Tom Eisenhuth will start on the interchange bench.

So our confirmed bench is Brandon Smith, Kamikamica, Eisenhuth, and Max King.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lol Jesse didn't sound too displeased about Croft not playing.