Round 22 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was pretty down after that loss, but the pathetic tryless effort by Souths has cheered me up somewhat. Shane Richardson and Wayne Bennett - your team is rubbish .
Bartos
Squall
Squall

They will get another rocket up them this week after that effort. We'll put 50 on Titans next week
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy spot on in his post match presser -
"It was very disappointing, we started [the second half] with an error on the first set and I don't think we even got to 50 per cent completions for the second half," Bellamy said.

"The Raiders were much too gritty for us in the second half.

"It just seemed to snowball and snowball. We couldn't seem to get any rhythm at all and you can't do that if you are tackling all the time.

"I hate saying it but it looked like we were complacent to start the second half. I hate to think that was the case, but that's what it looked like to me."
Raiders earned the win but the reaction to them being a real premiership threat now is funny to me.

That we've played average footy against the good sides at home should be a concern heading into the finals.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Meahhh we were due for a loss ...the boys are human...the raiders just worked harder...I’d be more worried if we lose to the titans
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm Meahhh we were due for a loss ...the boys are human...the raiders just worked harder...I’d be more worried if we lose to the titans
While I hate to be a pessimist, I actually feel the other way. Losing this after leading 18-0 really concerns me.
Our first half was ok, nothing more. The scoreline was flattered by playing against 12 for 20 minutes. In the second half the boys came out thinking they had it wrapped up and went to pieces under pressure.

It's a game which raised a lot more questions than answers.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 pm
sallymay wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:38 pm Meahhh we were due for a loss ...the boys are human...the raiders just worked harder...I’d be more worried if we lose to the titans
While I hate to be a pessimist, I actually feel the other way. Losing this after leading 18-0 really concerns me.
Our first half was ok, nothing more. The scoreline was flattered by playing against 12 for 20 minutes. In the second half the boys came out thinking they had it wrapped up and went to pieces under pressure.

It's a game which raised a lot more questions than answers.
Good to have one of these a couple of games out from finals. Better it happens now than when the games really matter. Being three wins clear at the start of this round, I can imagine it would be hard for the boys to get up for this one. Every team we play gets up for us because we're leading the comp, but I think we're allowed a couple of games to get a bit complacent.

Interesting to see how we back up from this. Next week we're up against the cellar dwellars and everyone is expecting us to put a score on them. If we don't take them seriously we could get embarrassed.

The real test will be how we get up for the seagulls at Brooky. If we are flat against our old rivals then I'll really start to worry (like proper worry).