Round 22 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:10 pm BlowJob Leilua will supposedly make his return. Cannot stand that bloke, filthy player.

The rest of the Raiders team I don't mind at all really. Loving what Bateman has brought to them.
Got to disagree there, Horsburgh is a first degree grub. Every time I see him, he's grabbing players who are down and twisting parts and/or sinking knees and elbows in. He's a Ricky Stuart special.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Game day. Come on!!!!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If we get beat this afternoon, I doubt it will be on effort. After the week we have had, the boys should be well and truly fired up.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like we're 1-17
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

That was a really poor performance. Second half was a masterclass in dumb decisions and poor tackling.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well, that was f***ing terrible.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our second half was head scratching. Legit our own worst enemy.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nice use of the interchange Bellamy. Hughes was terrible, and Papenhuyzen got what 4 minutes???

But the MOM was definitely split between the two refs - just copybook one-sided reffing at its finest.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many chances does Croft get? Jesus f*cking Christ.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure Croft was even in our bottom 5 tonight which says a lot about the performance of some.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What was our completion rate in the second half, could only listen in it sounded ugly. Knock ons, strips, penalties, could we do anything right?
The replay will be interesting.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:32 pm Nice use of the interchange Bellamy. Papenhuyzen got what 4 minutes???
I heard his name first called with one minute to play. Seems (on here) that there's no love for Hughes from tonight's game, is this correct? Would he be feeling a bit of pressure at the back?
shorton
Squall
Squall

Papenhuyzen replaces Croft or we can’t win the Premiership
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The refs were shithouse in that second half. I love Croft but he offers very little in these big games.
Another thing that worries me is we really don’t look to have another level. Especially in attack
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:24 pm
Insomniac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:32 pm Nice use of the interchange Bellamy. Papenhuyzen got what 4 minutes???
I heard his name first called with one minute to play. Seems (on here) that there's no love for Hughes from tonight's game, is this correct? Would he be feeling a bit of pressure at the back?
I still love Hughes, he just had an off night and no impact from the back - I would prefer to see him in the halves with Munster, allowing Papenhuyzen to play FB. Croft shows glimpses of brilliance (like last week), but they're just too few & far between.