Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
shorton
Squall
Squall

Devastating for Welch if true. Not sure if Storm can win the Premiership without Christian.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesus Lodge is a f*cking cat. Three clear hair pulls. What a pussy.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

On a lighter note how good is it when asked in the post game Dale Finucane brought up the try they conceded.

“There’s still areas of improvement in our game.”

Never satisfied haha
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

When do we start talking about Kenny as "the better Bromwich" he's gone past his brother this year I reckon.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just gutted for Welch. So shit for this to happen after the knee issue a few months ago.

Do we think Tui replaces him? Maybe Tino? He'll be missed either way. Was such a perfect compliment to what NAS brings.

Olam is doing enough where it seems like he might be first choice at left centre.

Croft?? Who knows what's going on there. Dropping him shakes up the team a bit but it might be necessary.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I took another look at Croft last night. Not his worst game of the year (probably not even in the bottom 6 or so for the year), but that’s not saying much...

Outside of the below notes, Croft’s involvements were limited to shuffling the ball on, making his tackles and a couple of runs at the line.

23m - Pressured defence so just flicks the ball on. Almost a turnover.

24m - Backline movement pass to Munster hits his ankles. Munster has to trap it with his foot.

24m - Bad last play kick. Grubber goes 3m and is collected by Brisbane.

39m - Broncos chip and chase. Croft rolls over the ball and doesn’t wrap it up. Gives Brisbane a fresh set.

44m - Smith grubbers brilliantly for Croft. Croft is the closest to the ball but runs into the post padding.

46m - Trainer checks on Croft (possibly shoulder complaint after being tackled 1m from the Broncos try line?). Gives the thumbs up.

52m - Throws a forward pass to Kaufusi. Luckily wasn’t called by the refs.

64m - Comes from the field.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The problem with starting Paps is we lose his bench impact and cover back.
I loved his cross field kick which was perfect if not for Suli and Chambers mix-up.
Looks like Tui will have to play Christians role from here. We have big games against Souths and Manly coming up so we should have a good idea how he’ll fair come finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS has been charged by the MRC for dangerous contact. ??? His carry with raised bumper?

No charge for Lodge :roll:

Josh McGuire got a week last year for pulling Adam Elliot’s hair. Lodge CLEARLY does it on three separate occasions and nothing...
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:47 pm No charge for Lodge :roll:
He's not kicking in doors, bashing residents and threatening to kill women and children who are hiding in the bathroom.
Match review committee are impressed with how much his behaviour has improved.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Terrible news for Christian. He's been getting better and better.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

At least it wasn't the same knee he did before
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely the mental side will be just as hard to get past. Will take some time before he has full confidence to change direction at speed again.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:48 pm Surely the mental side will be just as hard to get past. Will take some time before he has full confidence to change direction at speed again.
I wonder if the Eels will drop off him now. As I understand it from NRL website ( as always , I have no inside knowledge !! ) he has a deal for Storm next year , but is also free to move if he can find a better deal.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... s-v-storm/

Another great highlights package this week.

Kenny and Olam were outstanding. Olam was running that outside-in line all night - at pace - drawing defenders in. Then in the Kenny try, his deft pass around the back was just beautiful to watch. That play will catch out more teams if we run it again. Similar to the play we run on the right with Kaufusi but this time we use the centre. Let's not mention Olam's other pass to JAC that was a shocker... That aside, I don't see how we can leave Olam out at the moment, even if Scott is back and plays well in QCup.

Disappointing to concede such a soft try at the death. Munster, JAC and Brandon with some poor contact but I guess you can't be too critical after such a dominant performance.