Round 19 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope like hell this just fires the boys up and we come out with a chip on our shoulder and a point to prove. Put 50 on these c*nts and then rub their noses in it in the post match presser.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I guess since we play them this week it makes sense but this is just so random to me. I assume Dean Ritchie woke Krilich up from a 10 year coma to get some quotes off him?

I found this to be weak and worthless for this time of year. Should've saved it for when we play in another GF.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 45d23db36a

Corey Parker defends Storm legend Cameron Smith in face of Max Krilich tirade
Fox Sports
24 July 2019

Brisbane Broncos legend Corey Parker has defended Melbourne Storm veteran Cameron Smith in the face of a stinging attack from Max Krilich.

The Manly legend believes Smith doesn’t play in the spirit of the game and said referees are scared of the 401-game veteran in an explosive tirade.

However long time representative teammate Parker, who played with Smith at Origin level, was left bemused by the controversial comments.

“I don’t know what he is trying to say. To say (Cameron Smith) doesn’t play in the spirit of the game is absurd,” he told Macquarie Sports Radio.

“There’s no one that plays in the rules more than Smithy.

“Any player that takes the field is trying to manipulate the rules, everyone just gets cranky because he can do it and he has that knack of being able control the game.

“He’s the ultimate game manager you’ll ever come across.

“He is incredible in terms of how he controls the game and in terms of not playing in the spirit of the game, that (comment) is absolute garbage in my opinion.”
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am I hope like hell this just fires the boys up and we come out with a chip on our shoulder and a point to prove. Put 50 on these c*nts and then rub their noses in it in the post match presser.
Agree re the 50 . We won’t rub their noses in it however in the Presser. Craig and Cameron have way more control over their emotions post-match than I ever would. It is part of their greatness - they get on with life, make no excuses , unlike those pricks from Sydney . Our blokes will not stoop to the level of Krilich, Kent et al, and that is reflective of their integrity and strength.

The irony with Craig is that he is the most animated bloke during the game, and the most measured after it.

I just wish everyone in NSW came to realise what a superb human being Cameron Smith is.
Utha
Squall
Squall

F*ck Manly and the N(SW)RL.

It's a shame I have to go to that toilet of a city for the Nines in October, however good Bankwest Stadium may be.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

All the so called experts, media people and everyone in NSW is saying Cameron Smith has so much influence on the referees and it is wrong. I don't agree with this at all. But shouldn't the bigger question being asked by all these no it all's be why are the referees listening to one player and not doing the correct job. The people telling us this is happening are saying it has been happening for years and years and referees are scared of him because he is the great Cameron Smith. Again I don't agree with this statement, although he is great, again the same above question need to asked. Another question also needs to be asked, he wasn't always the great player he is now so when did the referees become scared of him.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:16 pm All the so called experts, media people and everyone in NSW is saying Cameron Smith has so much influence on the referees and it is wrong. I don't agree with this at all. But shouldn't the bigger question being asked by all these no it all's be why are the referees listening to one player and not doing the correct job. The people telling us this is happening are saying it has been happening for years and years and referees are scared of him because he is the great Cameron Smith. Again I don't agree with this statement, although he is great, again the same above question need to asked. Another question also needs to be asked, he wasn't always the great player he is now so when did the referees become scared of him.
They are clearly trying to influence the decision making of the refs for this weekend's match. It is sad and it will probably work.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Remind me again, who's Max Krilich, a dinosaur from a different age with an agenda?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 pm Remind me again, who's Max Krilich?
A dinosaur from a different age with an agenda.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Game day baby
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bumping the thread up above the spam.
Bookies have Manly as rank outsiders, don't think they're anywhere near that bad. I'd expect a game made close by the referees in response to the weeks media.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:spam1: bump.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently a forearm to the head of Welsh by the ball carrier is ok. Ref concerned enough to stop play, but thinks there's no problem with the carry.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We didn't look like scoring in the 1st half. Our only hope is to run over the top of them if they tire late in the game.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Really poor performance. By us and by the refs.
How the hell does Jake stay on the field after that tackle?