7 dragons to miss out vs storm?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think our away syndrome is gone now. We have beaten the Broncos twice away in our last couple of games and had a good win against the Cowboys too.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't jinx us... shhhhh!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

riders of the storm wrote:I think our away syndrome is gone now. We have beaten the Broncos twice away in our last couple of games and had a good win against the Cowboys too.
Didn't we beat the Knights in Newcastle for the first time last year?

And we have beaten the Dragons in Wollongong before. I still remember the game up there in 2003. Kingy making his debut for Storm, Geyer running the length of the field to tackle a Dragons player just metres from the try line, only to be punished for a professional foul. Dragon supporters booing their team and coach at half time. Oh, and Brian making some comment about the Warrios. :lol:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

It's okay - I'm not going so we must be going to win!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:It's okay - I'm not going so we must be going to win!
Poor Buzz, all this talk of Storm's great win and he was off at a wedding missing the game against the Knights. How was the wedding Buzz? :wink:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

should buzz be off to another wedding again in round 3 then? ;) :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well - the good news is my only AFL match for that weekend is on the Sunday (scintilating match between the pies and crows - yay). Bad news is, we've a large roll-out planned for that weekend. 17 sites in 4 days.... Fingers crossed I'll be up there on the hill egging on a semi-drunk StormGirl! :)
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:Didn't we beat the Knights in Newcastle for the first time last year?

And we have beaten the Dragons in Wollongong before. I still remember the game up there in 2003. Kingy making his debut for Storm, Geyer running the length of the field to tackle a Dragons player just metres from the try line, only to be punished for a professional foul. Dragon supporters booing their team and coach at half time. Oh, and Brian making some comment about the Warrios. :lol:
Yeah, was the first win against the Knights in Newcastle, and that was a fantastic night back in '03.

Was the first year that Bellamy was with the Storm, late in the season, the Dragons were in danger of missing the finals, was a Friday night game, and after we smashed them (22-14, 22-16, something like that - game was closer than scoreline suggests, we led by about 22-4 at half time and the tries they got in the second half were considerably late inthe half) Dragons supporters still had a lot to say, so the group started singing the "If your going to the finals clap your hands" song to shut them up. :lol: First half we blew them away about 22-nil 22-6, something like that.

Was a lot of fun for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:....so the group started singing the "If your going to the finals clap your hands" song to shut them up. :lol:
I still don't know how the Storm supporters got out alive from the Steelers Club after singing that. Hmm, Craig and Larry I think it was. :lol: :lol: :lol: