Storm are after Willie Mason

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Silkin
Squall
Squall

The Melbourne fans would boo him even in our colours.

Do we really want that ?????

Pay attention Storm management we know this board is read !!!!!!!!

WE DONT WANT THE MONGREL DOWN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

cam wrote:Mason would win us a premiership? You sure about that. We have kearnsey already... a true honest footballer!
Mason is a star that will play for 6 or so more years.
KINGY wrote:how many years he been at bulldgos for?

and it dont take one guy to win the comp
I believe he started in 2000 and was full time from 2001. Dunno what your point is there.

Obviously it doesn't take one guy to win a premiership, Mason is a world class star that would compliment Hill and Orford magnificently.
Surandy wrote:Mason in Storm colors? Great reason to stop supporting the team in my opinion.

I hope it never happens!!!
It's a team game. :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hoggy/inglisbanner.jpg[/img]
Mitch: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Silkin wrote:The Melbourne fans would boo him even in our colours.

Do we really want that ?????

Pay attention Storm management we know this board is read !!!!!!!!

WE DONT WANT THE MONGREL DOWN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
He would become a cult hero.
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As much as I wouldn't want him in a Storm jersey I do tend to agree with Hoggy.

He's virtually able to offload at will and with the likes of Orford, Hill, Slater & Co. our attack
would be almost impossible to stop. I like that idea... but not the idea of having Mason down
here in Melbourne...
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'ld like to think Storm supporters would have more class than to take willie on to be a cult hero. He obviously is one at the doggies, but if you look at the dogs supporters you understand why he is there HERO.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I flatly refse to boo Willie Mason...the hell with what he has done in the past. The kid is going to be a superstar...if he isn't already! Apparently this issue has a lot to do with craig bellamy and their relationship during the Tri-Nations. That and Craig is Country coach...

And just think....

2005 storm front row...

8. Chan
9. Smith
10. Mason
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I booed Mason just about every touch he got of the ball in the Dogs game against us in 2004, as did the vast majority of the Storm supporters at that game. And I will boo him every time he plays at Olympic Park, regardless of what color his jersey is.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

KINGY wrote:this club isnt big enough for 2 afros!!!!!
:lol: LOL no need to worry about that Willie is one a few players involved in the world's greatest shave for a cure on this weekend. Unfortunately reducing the size of his hair in 2003 didn't reduce the size of his head!

If he goes anywhere I hope it is to Union or England. I don't like the idea of playing against him because no matter how many off field problems he gets into you still can't take away the fact that at his peak he is one of the best forwards in the NRL and I rather have him on my side than having him running at us.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:I booed Mason just about every touch he got of the ball in the Dogs game against us in 2004, as did the vast majority of the Storm supporters at that game. And I will boo him every time he plays at Olympic Park, regardless of what color his jersey is.
Yeah let's go play a team game like Davis Cup tennis or Presidents Cup golf...

:roll:

Team > Individual
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

but in the case of mason, ego > team ;)
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have no problems with Mason coming to the storm. In fact, he would be a massive help as we still lack a bit of size up front.

And Bunnies, you'd better be careful what you say about him being a criminal and talking about cocaine use...as that has always been denied by Mason. Stating this as fact can get you into trouble.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

my opinion:
on field = good
off-field = not so good

to put it simply
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:my opinion:
on field = good
off-field = not so good

to put it simply
So you think his on-field efforts are good? Using people's face to help push him up off the ground? His love of the grapple tackle? His encouragement of the crowd trouble makers?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His on field performance is first rate. He is an origin and test player, as well as a churchill medalist. Like him or not off-field, on field the man is a quality player, and the sort of player we lack. Great go forward and a very good off-load. Not exactly a liability in defence either. An accomplished player no doubt about it.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ahhh you've gotta love player managers... they'll stop at nothing to make sure their clients get more money for themselves...

The quote, as I saw it in the Sunday Mail, was that a "cashed-up" Melbourne Storm would be chasing Willie Mason.
Um I don't know what planet it is that Melbourne is cashed up!
We have Matt Orford off contract and wanting more, Scott Hill playing too many games, meaning we'll have to pay out his contract as well as Origin stars Slater and Smith.
Mason won't leave the Dogs unless his financials are significantly less than he'd get elsewhere... Melbourne would be priced out of the market.

Having said all that, the "Tony Lockett" factor that Mason moving to Melbourne might help his career is an X-Factor the Storm could play on the off chance they're thinking of signing him to some sort of contract, but I think the chance the Storm is playing out of a modern facility in Melbourne in a few years is greater than seeing Mason in Storm colours...