Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nicho is fine he just got sliced on the chin by a stud from a boot...big arse cut he has..if you have insta check out the photo he posted it’s kinda gross

Darryns knee is a bit of a worry I’m hoping it’s not an ACL but he was walking around with ice on it after the game and in the presentation rooms he had a knee brace on it so I’m sure we will find out soon

As for the game Easts didn’t go live but Solomone kata getting a double is a positive

Falcons were live on the prides YouTube channel and it was a great game to watch Harry Grant got another MOM
I’m surprised storm haven’t offered Nathanial mcgavin a trial or anything...the guy is huge ..could be amazing for any nrl team...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasn't McGavin on our Under 20s list a few years back? If it was him, they may already have their minds made up on whether he will be good enough.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am Nicho is fine he just got sliced on the chin by a stud from a boot...big arse cut he has..if you have insta check out the photo he posted it’s kinda gross

Darryns knee is a bit of a worry I’m hoping it’s not an ACL but he was walking around with ice on it after the game and in the presentation rooms he had a knee brace on it so I’m sure we will find out soon

As for the game Easts didn’t go live but Solomone kata getting a double is a positive

Falcons were live on the prides YouTube channel and it was a great game to watch Harry Grant got another MOM
I’m surprised storm haven’t offered Nathanial mcgavin a trial or anything...the guy is huge ..could be amazing for any nrl team...
Thanks Sallymay for the details. That is very good news re Nicho.. and Harry too.

Fingers crossed re Darryn.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 am Wasn't McGavin on our Under 20s list a few years back? If it was him, they may already have their minds made up on whether he will be good enough.

I’m not sure ...his name is familiar
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:56 am
sallymay wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am Nicho is fine he just got sliced on the chin by a stud from a boot...big arse cut he has..if you have insta check out the photo he posted it’s kinda gross

Thanks Sallymay for the details. That is very good news re Nicho.. and Harry too.

Fingers crossed re Darryn.
I'm no Dr...

but from seeing this stuff in NRL and AFL...if he's walking around...without crutches....with ice and just a knee brace...you would suspect that the Club suspects that its NOT an ACL.

But I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Both Hynes and Schonig ruled out for the Falcons.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2019/07/09/ ... -17-teams/
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm Both Hynes and Schonig ruled out for the Falcons.

Would be nice to hear from the club as to the status of their injuries.

Ditto re Albert Vete with his shoulder

Billy Walters also not picked. Just being rested after his big debut?

Cooper Johns also not picked, presumably given he plays under 20 SOO tomorrow night.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 pm
ALX22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm Both Hynes and Schonig ruled out for the Falcons.

Would be nice to hear from the club as to the status of their injuries.

Ditto re Albert Vete with his shoulder

Billy Walters also not picked. Just being rested after his big debut?

Cooper Johns also not picked, presumably given he plays under 20 SOO tomorrow night.
Johns has withdrawn from the U20 NSW side.

I'll see what the SC Daily says about their injuries.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hynes will miss a 'couple of weeks' but cleared of a fractured jaw. Still banged up and bruised so won't be risked.

Schonig dislocated his knee but no ligament damage, but will miss 5-6 weeks.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

ALX22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm Hynes will miss a 'couple of weeks' but cleared of a fractured jaw. Still banged up and bruised so won't be risked.

Thanks for the update - much appreciated. The news could have been worse for both lads. Looks like will be back for finals.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did you notice that Nathanael McGavin is an inclusion and Nat McGavin is an exclusion. Is it not the same person?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 pm Hynes will miss a 'couple of weeks' but cleared of a fractured jaw. Still banged up and bruised so won't be risked.

Thanks ALX22.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Did you notice that Nathanael McGavin is an inclusion and Nat McGavin is an exclusion. Is it not the same person?
They do it all the time with different players. Don't know why.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm
Scooter wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 pm

They do it all the time with different players. Don't know why.

They need a proof-reader. Every week they have TUILAGI as an “in” and Tuilagi as an “out”! Been going on all year, and they have not worked it out. Upper case or lower case, it is still the same Kelma !!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kata, Walters, Tuilagi, Lumelume, Pene, King, Eisenhuth in action today for Tigers.

Just Tui, Earl and Grant for Falcons. Tino doesn't back up after U20 SoO game midweek. However Jordin Leiu from the Thunderbolts gets the call up.