Queensland Cup

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn’t really like it either ..when I saw it I posted on Twitter he was being a smartarse but I guess in the context of the game he had just let in a try and then dropped the ball leading to a second try and the opposition player kinda roughed him up so to get one back I think it was just a confidence thing cause he played better for the rest of the game …

either way I’m sure it will come up in the highlights
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can you share a link to it?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That celebration as he was about to score was nothing. I thought he did something outrageous the way it was talked about.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haha how good was the try though
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:35 am That celebration as he was about to score was nothing. I thought he did something outrageous the way it was talked about.
Yeah agreed, time to call the hyperbole police I think.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

If he come to a full stop and moon walked across the line, I would have been concerned.

Nothing to see here folks.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons 37 (Tries: Jack Gibbons 3, Scott Galeano 2, Sualauvi Fa'alogo 2 Goals: Ryan Papenhuyzen 4 Field Goal: Ryan Papenhuyzen) defeated Tweed Seagulls 12
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With the win yesterday the Falcons leapfrogged Tweed Seagulls, will finish 8th and will play in an Elimination final next week.

Brisbane Tigers play Wynnum Manly Seagulls on Kayo at 2pm today. Either way Tigers finish 3rd and will play in a Qualifying final. About 8 Storm players playing today Reimis, Kane, Jonah, Tristan, Tariq, Alec, Cole and Joe.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane Tigers 41 (Tries: Max Lehmann, Joe Chan, Solomona Faatape, Corey Thompson, Cole Geyer, Tristan Powell, Tristan Hope Goals: Jonah Pezet 6 Field Goal: Jonah Pezet) defeated Wynnum Manly Seagulls 20

Good finish by the Tigers, lead 26-20 and then scored 15 points in the last 15 minutes.

Alec MacDonald received the Paul Green medal for the Player of the Match.

Joe Chan made a good run to run onto to an offload from Pulu and run 25 metres for his try.

Alec MacDonald made a number of good runs and provided a great offload to Tristan Hope who then passed to Tristan Powell for his try.

Tariq Sims made some good runs and was more disciplined than usual in defence.

Kane Bradley did well to take a Jonah Pezet short goal line dropout at one stage. (Pezet's short goal line drop outs are better than Munny's)

Reimis Smith made a good run to help set up Tristan Hope's try. Tristan Powell returned the compliment to Hope provided the last pass for that try.

Cole Geyer again showed promise at dummy half. He scored his try down the short side on the last tackle, took two tacklers over the line and was able to twist his body to score the try.

Jonah Pezet had some troubles with the second rowers in defence in the first half. Made some good passes and kicks. Kicked a field goal to extend the lead to 13 and then kicked a penalty goal from half way after the siren to put the cherry on top.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did you see Ryley got pissed off at Jonah for taking the penalty goal Jonah acted as capt Ryley went to the ref and said I’m capt …the ref had already told them to set up for the kick …Jonah kicked the penalty goal and Ryley and Jonah had words again then hugged …I think sometimes Jonah try’s to take over too much but most of the time it works out for the team

Alec is way too good for Cup

For some reason the commentators kept saying Charlie Murray is a storm player …he did a pre season with us and played a trail but unless he knows something we don’t he isn’t contracted to us …would be a good signing though
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes the comments about Charlie Murray had me googling to see if we had signed him. But couldn't find anything other than pre-season and trial.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really like Solomona Faatape every time I see him. Plays centre, made an incredible offload to set up Max Lehmann's try. Also did well to gather a Wynnum Manly grubber and then run 90 metres to score his try. He is only 22.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finals week 1
Saturday, August 26

Souths Logan Magpies (2) v Brisbane Tigers (3) at Logan Metro Sports Complex, 2.10pm (Live and free on Qplus.tv and Kayo Freebies)

Burleigh Bears (1) v Central Queensland Capras (4) at UAA Park, 4pm (Live and free on Qplus.tv)

Sunday, August 27

Redcliffe Dolphins (5) v Sunshine Coast Falcons (8) at Kayo Stadium, 2.10pm (Live and free on Qplus.tv)

Wynnum Manly Seagulls (6) v Northern Pride (7) at BMD Kougari Oval, 4pm (Live and free on Qplus.tv)