Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Felise Kaufusi was an absolute monster tonight - by far the best forward on the field.

I also felt Cameron Munster’s kicking game, particularly in the first-half, was outstanding.

If the forwards can play like that every week the Storm will be incredibly hard to stop.
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Loved the yellow numbers on the jersey again this year
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 pm Loved the game from the big Fijian steamroller Kamikamica tonight!
Mattpoet Tui was awesome. Good to see him take the chance with both hands.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he keeps that up, he'll have the bench spot all year and I hope he does.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bartos wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 pm Loved the yellow numbers on the jersey again this year
Same here mate. The collar, the numbers and the thin strip on the chevron is just the right amount and mix of yellow onto the jerseys.

Great to have the footy back :-D

bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui looks pure muscle and was surprisingly very good.
I was also very impressed by Kenny Bromwich. His efforts off the ball was just as good as his ball carrying.
I only mention those two because they exceeded my expectations since it was a great all-round effort.

Oh and another thing, Tui Kamikamica translated into English is literally “sweet king”
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Tui was great as has been said already. Seems he has picked up the Glasby bench role. Should be picked every week now
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still riding the high from a solid Round 1 win 8)

Hopefully we can string a few of those performances together in a row. Our forward pack's efforts both in defence and with ball in hand, cannot be praised highly enough.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lodge has been charged for the late hit on Munster's legs in the first minute. Looking at 2 weeks. Should have been charged for a few high shots too, but I'll take this one at least.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Amazing win...Tui was amazing
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Croft showed a lot of intensity on defence. Without looking at missed tackle stats I thought he made a real effort to hit and stick when he was isolated.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I noticed that Croft blew an overlap by going for an inside pass which I don’t think is actually his fault but more trying to stick to what he’s learned in the structure rather than play what’s in front of him. I was really happy with his game but I hope he’s not afraid to play his natural game.