Round 1 Predicted Lineups

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:23 pm Just slighltly off topic I'm interested what pseudonym shorten/cameron will use this year.
Where's "Cherry Poppins"?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hynes too small for a centre gig, yea?

We're going to have everyone play the utility off the bench role but Grant aren't we lol?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think he has enough size
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ajor-goal/

Ready to tee off: Seve driving towards major goal
Jonathan Healy
NRL.com reporter
Sat 7 Mar 2020

Inexperienced Melbourne centre Marion Seve believes he can emulate teammate Justin Olam and have a breakout season this year.

Olam was one of the competition's success stories in 2019 as the Papua New Guinean rose from virtual obscurity to starting centre with a string of eye-catching performances in his second year at the Storm.

His rapid rise meant Seve was relegated to reserve grade for much of the second half of the season, with veteran coach Craig Bellamy opting for the likes of Will Chambers and Curtis Scott in the centres during the Storm's unsuccessful finals campaign.

But the landscape in Melbourne is much different this year, with Chambers and Scott departing the club during the off-season and former Titan Brenko Lee the only new signing expected to battle it out with Olam and Seve for the two starting centre positions.

It means Seve has a great chance to cement himself as a regular in the NRL and that fact is not lost on the 24-year-old on the eve of his second year in Melbourne.

"I feel like this year can be my breakout year," Seve told NRL.com.

"Craig told me I have got a good opportunity there and I want to take it with both hands.

"I have trained hard during the pre-season and expect to have a good season this year."

Seve managed four tries from 12 appearances in 2019, but didn't want to make any bold claims about any try-scoring goals he had for the new campaign.

Instead, the quietly-spoken Samoan will focus on doing his job at the defensive end of the field and let those scoring opportunities take care of themselves.

"I have made a big emphasis on defence this pre-season," he said.

"It is what Craig is all about and I feel I have a good pre-season in this regard so I have just go to put it all together."

If Seve does get the nod to start the season in the centres it is likely he will play alongside Fijian powerhouse Suliasi Vunivalu on the right-hand side of the field.

Vunivalu managed 11 tries for the Storm last season and Seve knows he will need to combine well with the Storm winger if he is to maintain his place in Bellamy's run on side.

"Suli is one of the best wingers we have in our game and my focus will be doing my job well so he can do his job well," Seve said.

"I will have to try and get him the ball more, so we can get that combination and chemistry going on the right-hand side."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -bromwich/

Tui can fill Nelson's big shoes: Bromwich
Jonathan Healy
NRL.com reporter
Sun 8 Mar 2020

Jesse Bromwich is backing one giant prop to cover for another if Nelson Asofa-Solomona is ruled out of the Storm's opening round clash with Manly.

The Melbourne co-captain says Tui Kamikamica could cover for Asofa-Solomona if the latter fails to shake off the persistent hamstring complaint that also forced him to miss last month's All Stars clash.

While stressing that Asofa-Solomona remains a central pillar of the Storm pack, Bromwich thinks Kamikamica is more than capable of deputising.

"Tui has definitely got the capability to start,” Bromwich told NRL.com.

"He has had a massive pre-season and easily been one of our best trainers in recent months.

"If Nelson is out with injury, I definitely see Tui as the next man up to step into the starting role."

Kamikamica was one of the Storm's most consistent performers last season. The 25-year-old averaged almost 70 meters a match over 22 appearances.

All of Kamikamica's 28 games in the NRL have come off the bench, but he didn't look out of his depth when starting against the Cowboys in last weekend's trials.

"I thought he was outstanding in the trial," Bromwich said.

"I have no doubt that when he is fit Nelson is our starting front-rower, but Tui has got his nose in front of everyone else currently."

Bromwich said the coaches and players had been through a thorough review of their disappointing end to 2019 and were determined to make amends this year.

The Kiwi believes everyone at the club - from veteran skipper Cameron Smith to rookies like Cooper Johns - can help them improve on last year.

"There was no doubt we were the best team throughout the year, but in September when it counted it didn’t show," he said.

"We weren't at our best at the end of the year, that is just a fact."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am hopeful with Seve but confident with Tui. I reckon Tui is in for a big year.