Changes are coming!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

What's your preferred method for helping with costs of the website?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm happy to donate some money
56%
I'm happy for advertising to be added
38%
I'm happy to find corporate sponsors
6%
I don't want to help in any way!
No votes

Total votes: 16
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hi all, and thanks for coming to The Bai Stand and being part of the community.

Firstly apologies for the small outage this afternoon as I applied software updates to the software. We're now up to date.

Secondly, it's time for a name change. The Bai Stand means a lot to some of us, particularly those that have been around since 1998 and created the original Bai Stand at Olympic Park on the hill, in the cold and rain. Marcus Bai and the Bai Stand will always have a place in Melbourne Storm folklore but this website needs greater recognition to gain more members. So later this week, I hope to reveal the new name of the website and this community.

Thirdly, in line with a new name, we need a new logo! So once the new name is announced, I hope to see many ideas for a new logo to go with a new theme for the website as well.

And finally, I'm reviewing ways to make this website sustainable. Every two years the website hosting costs come up for renewal. In 2017, thanks to your generosity, we were able to raise enough however those costs are due again in 2 months. I look forward to your thoughts in the poll attached.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have you picked the new name yet?

I hope the Bai Stand name can be preserved here somewhere - perhaps in the name of one of the sub forums.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

A new domain has been selected, I'm just waiting for approval from the registrar as it's a .com.au

The sites heritage won't be lost, just trying to broaden the available audience.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like the new look

I don’t mind contributing some $ again ...I actually thought it might be coming up soon how strange that it came around the same time I had these thoughts

Let us know how much or if you decide to go a different option

I’m with Mattpoet I hope the bai stand can be used in some way
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey Buzz, love the new look. I'm happy to throw some cash in again also. Or help out in some other way.

Have you ever considered approaching the club directly to see if they would be interested in any direct affiliation? Their website/social media guys may even give us a plug.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Happy to contribute
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just thinking about the idea of site advertising, is it something you have looked at yet Buzz?
Does phpBB have a standard advertising layout that you could show people to give an indicative of what it would look like? I don't think anyone would object to a bit of a banner, but some sites are more ad than content. That might help people make a decision.

In any case, I'm happy to throw in to keep the place open.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hi buzz sent you a PM
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe this board (not forum) can be renamed 'The Bai Stand'?