Own the Melbourne storm (Shares)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullucked wrote:Are these shares as in "on the share market" and are all these "inducements" in addition to any money made as a result, or, is this simply another grab for members money / entice new followers?
What you see (in yourhero's posts above) is probably what you get.

It's sounding similar to the Green Bay Packers' model - no significant voting rights, shares not on the ASX (possibly not transferable) and no dividend if the club does make a profit. On the other hand, you get better access to the team and some more perks like best available seating and some voting rights on logo/strip changes.

Basically you have as much power as a shareholder in any large company (i.e. not much). You don't get dividends but the money does help the club and you get some perks and your name in lights. Probably fair value for the money if you're a keen supporter and have cash to splash.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Bullucked wrote:Are these shares as in "on the share market" and are all these "inducements" in addition to any money made as a result, or, is this simply another grab for members money / entice new followers?
What you see (in yourhero's posts above) is probably what you get.

It's sounding similar to the Green Bay Packers' model - no significant voting rights, shares not on the ASX (possibly not transferable) and no dividend if the club does make a profit. On the other hand, you get better access to the team and some more perks like best available seating and some voting rights on logo/strip changes.

Basically you have as much power as a shareholder in any large company (i.e. not much). You don't get dividends but the money does help the club and you get some perks and your name in lights. Probably fair value for the money if you're a keen supporter and have cash to splash.
Not being miserable but my $500 membership plus my sons on top of that goes to help the club. Now if only I could actually get to every game... (Enjoying the cricket big time but missing my R/L - but not missing the cold weather!)