Own the Melbourne storm (Shares)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously no detail as yet and they are just floating the idea at this stage.

If it is indeed similar to the Green Bay model, it is a decent way to raise money for the club and ensure revenue gaps are plugged. Is that it though?

Interesting article on the Packers model - https://deadspin.com/5866292/the-feel-g ... he-packers
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

$275 for 1 share ...yeh not for me ..proberly won’t be as much but still Nuh I’ll keep my money
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good birthday present thats for sure. bit like how u can buy a star, or buy a square foot of land in Scotland and become a 'Lord'
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:good birthday present thats for sure. bit like how u can buy a star, or buy a square foot of land in Scotland and become a 'Lord'
Got that for a birthday one year. Lord TC! :faroah: :king:
Owning a little bit of Storm would be cool too - even if it's only worth a square foot of Land
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

‘WHAT IS YOUR RATIONALE FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BECOMING A MELBOURNE STORM OWNER? (PICK ONE ONLY)’

One of the answers is ‘Finacial Return’ so if the shares can be sold for profit it would set it apart from the Green Bay model which are shares that hold no dollar value.

I like the idea but the page also stated the club is on track for its first profitable year.
So let’s say I own 10 shares worth a total $2500 and Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy retire. Wouldn’t my share prices dip in value?

I think this is very interesting and our club again leading the way.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most definitely interested and registered to keep track of where it's going. Certainly wouldn't be for a financial return because I wouldn't think there'd be a great deal if anything to be gained in that regard but would still love to own a piece of the club. Where if the info it was $275 per share? From everything I've read/heard they haven'tt got that far into it
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Most definitely interested and registered to keep track of where it's going. Certainly wouldn't be for a financial return because I wouldn't think there'd be a great deal if anything to be gained in that regard but would still love to own a piece of the club. Where if the info it was $275 per share? From everything I've read/heard they haven'tt got that far into it
I think that was from the Green Bay model
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ahh ok so basically it could be a heap different to that model price wise. The three majority owners on the Storm in Ryan, Tripp and Campbell are very smart businessman (obviously) and think it's fair to say they'll come up with a model that will suit the market of Melbourne the best.

It's all well and good that GBP charge $275 a share in a football mad nation/city where they know every person able will want a part of it, that said you'd think our owners will see the demand at that price won't be anywhere near as much and price it accordingly. You're going to get many more people wanting to come on board at smaller share prices as opposed to much less at a higher price.

I'm def going to get on at this stage but how much I invest will depend on the price
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So the options currently being floated are...

Option 1
$300 - $2,999

- Ability to attend special shareholder meetings.
- Certain voting rights for team kit and playing colours.
- Public recognition as an owner, with your name permanently on "Storm Owners" boards, which will be prominantly displayed at AAMI Park.
- Shareholder certificate.
- Quarterly owners magazine.
- Other exclusive communication updates.
- Ability to purchase "owner only" merchandise.
- Ability to pre-order merchandise before non-owners.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Option 2
$3,000 - $9,999

- Invitation to annual owners dinner with coach, captain, football director and senior playing group.
- Pre-purchase window for special events.
- Video conference session access online.
- Exclusive seating access area.
- Access to selected team events with players.
- Entry into lottery for game day items including "Owners Round" jerseys and match balls.
- Access to areas of the club for function bookings.
- Discount on merchandise.
- Framed shareholder certificate.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Option 3
$10,000 - $50,000+

- Access to closed Captain's Runs.
- Access to closed pre-season trial match.
- Hire of AAMI Park facilities outside of game day (at your cost).
- Access to an annual post-match "Owners function" (with Chairman and Board).
- Priority parking at home games.
- Special owners seat on touchline (pending take up).
- Watch the team warm up on field pre-game.
- Selected post-match access to dressing rooms.
- Frames team signed and embroidered jersey (one off).
- Participation in pre-season activities with team.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It'll be interesting to see how this is recieved. Not very enticing to me though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:Not very enticing to me though.
Ditto. If they expected these options to sell well, I think they have misjudged the Australian sporting market.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Are these shares as in "on the share market" and are all these "inducements" in addition to any money made as a result, or, is this simply another grab for members money / entice new followers?