Rep Teams 2018

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Judas
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big turnover in both camps, particularly the Aussies.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australian Kangaroos

1 James Tedesco
2 Dane Gagai
3 Latrell Mitchell
4 Tom Trbojevic
5 Val Holmes
6 Luke Keary
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (vc)
8 David Klemmer
9 Damien Cook
10 Jordan McLean
11 Boyd Cordner (c)
12 Felise Kaufusi
13 Josh Maguire

14 Ben Hunt
15 Jake Trbojevic
16 Tyson Frizell
17 Aaron Woods.

18 Tyrone Peachey
19 Reagan Campbell-Gillard

Meh :-\
Last edited by yourhero on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

New Zealand Kiwis

1 Dallin Watene Zelezniak (c)
2 Ken Maumalo
3 Esan Marsters
4 Joseph Manu
5 Jordan Rapana
6 Shaun Johnson
7 Kodi Nikorima
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Brandon Smith
10 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Isaac Liu
13 James Fisher-Harris

14 Kenny Bromwich
15 Leeson Ah Mau
16 Martin Taupau
17 Adam Blair

18 Peta Hiku
19 Jahrome Hughes
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Kiwis are cool

The aussies just feel wrong maybe cause we only have 1 player in the team but it just doesn’t feel right
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:Australian Kangaroos

7 Daly Cherry-Evans

Boyd Cordner (c)
Oh dear!

Even without RTS, my money is on the Kiwis
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon Smith had the game of his life

Kiwis come out on top by 2 points
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nearly had a double. Excited me before that, now I'm even more so.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't think he's even close to fit or even half way to fulfilling his potential. Very exciting if he can put it all together.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Junior Kangaroos beat NZ 40-24.
Storm second-rower Tino Fa'asuamaleaui scored 2 tries.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m so excited about Tino ...he is so good
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:I’m so excited about Tino ...he is so good
He looked fabulous. Amazing he is still only 18. Might be a real chance to play first grade next year.

Brandon was wonderful in the main game. Next season we cannot afford to have him play 20 minute cameos. Maybe Cam Smith can have a short break and/or maybe Joe has a spell during the match, Dale to left side and Brandon to lock. You would think Brandon should be playing more minutes for his club than his country. I appreciate limited interchange makes shuffling difficult, but the lad needs to be on the park.

Interesting to see that when Brandon took a break yesterday, Kenny took over at dummy half.

Jesse also ran with a level of intent I hope he replicates throughout next season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -to-tears/

Family tribute moves Smith to tears

melbournestorm.com.au
Sun 14 Oct 2018

Brandon Smith has earned the nickname "Bulldog" because of his energy and aggression but the New Zealand hooker was in tears before and after his Test debut on Saturday night as his autistic cousin led a haka by family and friends at full-time.

New Kiwis captain Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, whose great grandfather Puti Tipene (Steve) Watene led the Kiwis to a 16-15 win over Australia in Auckland in 1937, was also honoured with a spontaneous haka after the match from the more than 100 friends and family members at Mt Smart Stadium.

Smith, who has been accustomed to short stints off the bench for Melbourne as he bides his time behind captain Cameron Smith, was one of the stars of the Kiwis' 26-24 defeat of Australia at Mt Smart Stadium and he showed what the black-and-white jersey meant to him as he shed tears during the New Zealand anthem.

He was again in tears at full-time after running over to a section of the ground where dozens of friends and family members, who had travelled to Auckland by boat from Waiheke Island, were sitting.

"I went to see a lot of my friends and family after the game," Smith told reporters. "They were on the sidelines and I was blessed to get a haka and my autistic cousin Coen led it. That was another emotional moment for me. To receive that was really humbling."

Despite receiving limited time in his 21 matches for the Storm this season, mostly at lock, Smith managed to get through 31 tackles in his Test debut and forced his way over for a try which gave an insight into why teammates at the Storm and Kiwis have nicknamed him "Bulldog".

It was an impressive debut for the 22-year-old, who had 'Rams' - the name of his junior club - written on strapping tape on his wrist and erupted in tears during the New Zealand anthem.

"The camera came along and I was balling my eyes out. I was pretty emotional," Smith said. "I don't think I have ever been through something like that in my life.

"I saw my sister in the crowd and it was a pretty unreal experience. I don't think anything could top it so far. It was definitely the proudest moment of my life, and I think my Dad's life as well."

While some members of the Kiwis team had never won a Test against Australia, Smith was undaunted by the task and appears the likely successor for Issac Luke at hooker.

"He is little firecracker, he goes hard," halfback Shaun Johnson said. "They call him the Bulldog and you can see why. He just hooks in and definitely gives the people around him a lot of energy."

Smith's roommate Jared Waerea-Hargreaves said: "He has got a big heart and plenty of energy. For him to start at No.9 for the Kiwis was obviously a pretty big challenge and he done well. He done his island very proud and his family proud also."