2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's going to look a little odd if we win the premiership wearing a jersey that we've hardly worn all season. The away jersey is probably the only one I don't really rate of our jerseys this year. It's not quite as good as the past few we've had.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheyse and Kasiano drop out of the squad.

The number 23 of the Roosters is still in their squad.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cronk’s not playing. Zero chance. It’s all a circus.

I can imagine Sydney’s reaction if we did the same thing.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep no chance Cronk is playing. I don't understand the smoke and mirrors. Keary is way more important to them than Cronk.
Anyone who saw the channel 7 chopper footage would know he isnt playing. He would have at least been running some plays with no contact. He did nothing, he couldn't even pick up ball with his left hand without squatting down.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:Yep no chance Cronk is playing. I don't understand the smoke and mirrors. Keary is way more important to them than Cronk.
Anyone who saw the channel 7 chopper footage would know he isnt playing. He would have at least been running some plays with no contact. He did nothing, he couldn't even pick up ball with his left hand without squatting down.
Story in the Tele about Cronk doing a private training session this afternoon in North Sydney.

Anyway, regardless - the Roosters have dropped Sean O’Sullivan. This basically means if Cronk doesn’t play there’s a chance the Roosters run seven forwards to start the game.

If they do this - it makes me wonder whether they carry Momirvoski on the bench to cover as a roving back-rower or outside back.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'll bet that there was no 'private session' and the roosters leaked that to the Telegraph. Matterson will probably be 5/8, Keary to 7.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:Yep no chance Cronk is playing. I don't understand the smoke and mirrors. Keary is way more important to them than Cronk.

They only showed the first 15 mins of training...my bet is he will play
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Gameday Woo hoo !!!
Now for the drive up the Hume.

What's people's thoughts on actively trying to hurt Cronk if he does play.
I wouldn't want to take cheap shots at him but I'd like to see him smashed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If he's there, he's presumed fit so run big guys at him.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, smash him I say. On the plane now ready to take off, just hoping for a better result than my Pies yesterday. 1 is hard enough to lose but two....
Utha
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:Yep, smash him I say. On the plane now ready to take off, just hoping for a better result than my Pies yesterday. 1 is hard enough to lose but two....
I went through the exact same thing in 2012 when Hawks lost. Thankfully Storm did the right thing that time (exactly six years ago tonight, in fact). Let’s hope for a repeat tonight.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Yep, smash him I say. On the plane now ready to take off, just hoping for a better result than my Pies yesterday. 1 is hard enough to lose but two....
Ice same as me re Pies, I was at MCG yesterday, unbelievable game and atmosphere, unfortunately wrong result. Can't make it up to Sydney this year, having some friends over to watch the game. Go Storm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Weekend Sunrise's weather is being done from outside ANZ with a group of Storm and Roosters supporters.

One of the Roosters fans thanked the Storm for giving them Cronk and said he brought a level of professionalism to the team. Even as far as going and thanking the fans after the game and that the rest of the team have followed. I can't believe that, the players never thanked fans. Maybe we take level of interaction from Storm players for granted. Go Storm.
Utha
Squall
Squall

True story - I met Ryan Matterson’s uncle Terry on the Gold Coast a few weeks after the 1993 Grand Final. Terry and a few Broncos teammates had brought the Winfield Cup down with them, and I had my photo taken with the trophy (sadly I never thought to ask for a copy). I was at Bond Uni at the time.

Btw Terry was a ripping bloke, very friendly.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Grand final day is here at last. Damn this week seems to have taken forever.
I'm so over beetroot faces piss poor attempt at mind games, it's going to have minimal impact on how the storm prep for the game, it's just annoying from a fan point of view....
It sucks the Cronk got injured last week, it'll take a bit of the gloss off us if we win. He plays and we go near him, we'll be labeled grubs. He plays and we win, "oh that's cause Cooper was playing busted". He doesn't play and we win, "youse only won cause Cronk didn't play"....

Bitching aside, win, lose or draw today, the fact that we've made 3 consecutive grand finals is a testament to what an amazing club the storm is. But honestly, I think we'll get the job done and be the first back to back premiers in the NRL era.
GO STORM!