2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed.

Scott has been a completely different player since returning from injury (not in a good way either!), Chambers has well & truly lost the plot, our forwards only show up when they want to, and even Cam Smith has gone missing in games this year.

Finucane, Addo-Carr, Munster (mostly), and Felise (mostly) can hold their heads high for 2018, everyone else was hot & cold most of the year (with quite a few more the latter).

That being said, most teams were also hot & cold this year, and it just came down to who wanted it more on the day - in the GF, that was the Roosters.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ha ha! The emotional overreaction is high with this one it is! :lol:[/quote]

Mate, he kicked a bloke in the back of the head. Absolutely not the Melbourne Storm thing to do. It's disgusting and has zero place in the game.[/quote]
Yep, not condoning the ridiculous brain snap from Munster - even if it was a bit of a love tap of a "kick" (in the last 2 minutes of what was probably the worst game we've seen from Munster), it certainly deserved a sin binning and probably some judiciary attention. But to immediately leap to a 'get rid of him' sentiment is quite the overreaction in my opinion.[/quote]

Plenty of folks in here with similar levels of animosity towards Chambers I've noticed.
OnTheHill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That was an incredibly disappointing result but think it's unfair on the players to say they played with no heart or were soft or whatever gets thrown about after games like this. I am 100% sure they gave 100% last night. Making mistakes doesn’t mean you are playing with no effort or heart, often it’s quite the opposite, which is what I think happens to Suli as an example sometimes.

We got dominated for the first 15 minutes plain and simple.

At 12-nil we started to stem the tide, then NAS dropped the pill midfield, Friend makes a break on the loose ball, Munster goes to the bin (nice milking by Friend), HT 18-nil game all but over in reality.

Sometimes it’s just not your night. Too many errors, and at bad times. We had chances in the second half and was actually sort of proud of the effort to not get 40+ put on us (Munster’s second binning aside).

I thought Finucane and Kenny were clearly our two best players imo. The only thing in hindsight I think Craig may have done differently with the team/line up is start NAS.

My biggest disappointment was the treatment Billy got post-match. I get the booing during it, I mean we did boo Cronk. After the game, when you have won the comp though?? Have some class you flogs. Even if you hate him just stay silent.

Anyway, bad end to an unexpected result in making the GF. We really didn’t play that well all year so all said and done can’t complain too much.

Looking forward to the young guys getting more control of the team next year with Crofty, Hughes, Drinkwater, even Grant. We get Kasiano hopefully back to his best. Vete looked good in his short stints. I think Tui can play a big role next year. Maybe Sandor can complete a great redemption story / comeback. Actually an exciting time ahead. Plenty to look forward to.

Thanks for the ride Bill & Hoffy. It's been an experience!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Munster's avoided suspension. He's been fined. That's it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster received the exact same charge as Nathan Hindmarsh for an identical incident. Fair enough IMO.

It was idiotic to the extreme but not forceful.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Easts were too good. God I hated the booing of Billy after the game though.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I just watched the game after being there live. My God Munster had a shocker. Roosters were way too good. Wanted it more.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NevilleB wrote:I just watched the game after being there live. My God Munster had a shocker. Roosters were way too good. Wanted it more.
Can't believe you watched it again.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:In fact, Munster can sign with Easts or Sharks or the Cowboys and I won't miss him. Pack your bags and *lima lima lima duck* off!
Ha ha! The emotional overreaction is high with this one it is! :lol:
Fully agree

Munster is still the future of the club as I see it. Loss him and we are stuffed.

Maybe we can shave a bit off the deal but he will be the mainstay for years to come
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First post after the GF....trying to take in the enormity of losing a GF we had every right to believe was winnable.

It was tough to watch....but we stayed until the boys came down to acknowledge the crowd so we could give them thanks for another wonderful year.

Go Storm....2019 is OUR year..
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Might just be an overreaction from one game but Munster being poor sort of highlights (to me anyway) that we'd be much better if we can move him back to fullback. Give him slightly less responsibility in ball playing/kicking and let him focus on the real strength of his game - running.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OnTheHill wrote: My biggest disappointment was the treatment Billy got post-match. I get the booing during it, I mean we did boo Cronk. After the game, when you have won the comp though?? Have some class you flogs. Even if you hate him just stay silent.
Seriously pathetic. And booing during Cam's speech. What a bunch of wankers. I was there at the 2016 GF and the post-game atmosphere seemed so much more respectful. I guess that's what happens when your fans only turn out for one game a year.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gee there were a LOT of Storm supporters there on Sunday.
I've been to 7 grand finals and I reckon that's the most of us I have ever seen.