2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was getting so worried just by how long they were taking. So glad he got off
estormboy
Squall
Squall

#TheyFreedBilly
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:The tantrum Paul Kent is throwing right now is hilarious.
Oh the tears over at League Unlimited. ;D
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How p!$$#d off did Ennis look?
Daeman
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:The tantrum Paul Kent is throwing right now is hilarious.
Oh the tears over at League Unlimited. ;D
"The chook pen" forum is hysterical :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Roosters fans, claiming the NRL is rigged..... Just wow :lol: :lol:
StormAchilles86
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I started to worry for a while there, watching NRL 360 and listening to all the shite being said. I don’t mind James Hooper and I think he did a good job reporting on the night. Paul Crawley and Mick Ennis were just dreadful to watch - as they are most of the time.
Can you imagine the smile on Billy’s face now as he’s getting on to that private jet??
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still have no idea why this was such a big deal in the first place. Like was it just purely entertainment value so we had something to talk about for a few days?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great news re Billy.

In less exciting news, Klein is one of the refs. Sutton and Cummins were excellent last week and I was hoping for a repeat. Sutton has got the GF gig, but I fear Klein will step in with some stupid penalties against us.
StormAchilles86
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

RobbieRoss wrote:Great news re Billy.

In less exciting news, Klein is one of the refs. Sutton and Cummins were excellent last week and I was hoping for a repeat. Sutton has got the GF gig, but I fear Klein will step in with some stupid penalties against us.

Shame that Cecchin is not there, the NRL really needs to look at how the head of the Referee’s gives his brother the job as lead ref. Klein gave away a number of penalties for the Rabbits last week v the Roosters.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As expected, a tsunami of tears :lol:

Great result. A true legend gets the opportunity to finish his career in the most legendary way.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Interesting little tidbit that was written on the NRL feed whilst waiting on the results of the deliberations.

While we wait, it's incredible to think of how much homework Billy Slater puts into his preparation. He admitted in the hearing that he watched every single try of Cronulla wingers Sosaia Feki and Edrick Lee this year to prepare himself for the preliminary final against the Sharks. Love him or hate him, there's no denying his greatness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was edge of the seat stuff. The fact that they deliberated for almost an hour had everyone even more nervous than they were already.

I hope we get some insight as to the deliberation. I assume it was because the panel were split. It would be interesting to know - if there was a split - was it the ex-Roosters captain pushing for the charge to be upheld?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My two favourite headlines from the crybabies in NSW this morning;

- Billy Slater decision is a joke and taints his legacy
- Slater call 'insulted' dead player

:lol: :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:How p!$$#d off did Ennis look?
:lol: Absolutely! Him and Crawley were so upset. It was glorious.

Fox Sports coverage - "Mick, what is your reaction to the verdict?" - Head down "The most disappointing thing is... blah blah blah"

Seeing these two have toddler-like tantrums was most satisfying.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormAchilles86 wrote:
RobbieRoss wrote:Great news re Billy.

Shame that Cecchin is not there, the NRL really needs to look at how the head of the Referee’s gives his brother the job as lead ref. Klein gave away a number of penalties for the Rabbits last week v the Roosters.
Are they actually related or do they just have the same surname?

Ceccin is the best ref in the game for mine. They probably didn't want to consider him given the rumors he's off to Super League.