2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was thinking the same thing. It's very amateurish of them to do that.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kasiano in the squad, what was Bellamy thinking? Must not have seen the Queensland Cup gf...
estormboy
Squall
Squall

These are the questions the judiciary panel must answer :

7.42pm: Judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew has asked panel members to consider the following.

"1. Was there forceful contact with the shoulder or upper arm? Bellew says if your answer is no, then he is not guilty.

"If you answer yes you need to consider: 2. Was the forceful contact made without Slater using or attempting to use both his arms including his hands to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

"3. Was Slater's conduct careless? I remind you he is charged with a careless act, not an intentional act."

No. 3 might be the saving grace
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NRL 360 reporting that the NRL's prosecutor is doing a bang-up job.

estormboy
Squall
Squall

8.12pm: We've gone past 20 minutes now. The suspense must be killing Billy Slater. This is one of the longer deliberations I can remember. Is the panel split?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Why is one of the panel members a former Rooster?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

brisbanestorm wrote:Why is one of the panel members a former Rooster?
Sean Garlick
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A former Roosters captain too. I'm assuming DJ had to step aside because of his connections...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

estormboy wrote:8.12pm: We've gone past 20 minutes now. The suspense must be killing Billy Slater. This is one of the longer deliberations I can remember. Is the panel split?
Did they confirm who was in there? NRL Today was saying they presumed Dallas Johnston and the Roosters ex-captain would/should be asked to sit this one out.

Very disappointing and silly decision to let either of them be panel members. Just too many uncertainties.

I believe Tony Puletua was one of the past players assumed to be on the panel

Come on Billy pull through!
estormboy
Squall
Squall

5.40pm: Former Sydney Roosters captain Sean Garlick has just been confirmed as the third member of the panel. The panel tonight will be Sean Garlick, Bob Lindner and Mal Cochrane.

5.37pm: Mal Cochrane has also arrived at Rugby League Central. He's panel member No.2. It appears Slater's former teammate Dallas Johnson, who had been used on the judiciary panel this year, isn't going to be one of the three members tonight.

5.35pm: Looks like Queensland's Bob Lindner will be one of the judiciary panel members tonight. He's just arrived at Rugby League Central.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

8.25pm: For those wondering if this is normal for a deliberation, it took the panel 12 minutes to find Latrell Mitchell guilty a couple of weeks ago. We're now at almost 40 minutes.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

I'm sorry if I'm annoying anyone with these updates. I'm on tenterhooks!
Daeman
Squall
Squall

NOT GUILTY! He's in!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HE'S IN BABY! YEEEEEEOOOOWWWWW
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The tantrum Paul Kent is throwing right now is hilarious.