2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
aussiestorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Any updates on when Billy's case is heard. Searching the NRL etc and see nothing. Is it tonight?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tuesday night. Should know by 7:30pm-8:00pm pending start time and how long they go.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:140 for me - no idea what seat the aisle is but hopefully I'm not wedged in the middle!
Anyone doing the Cruise?
Considering it. But for $259 it's pretty steep.
I figure it's comparable to the player of the year night in price, and should really set the day up for a good one hopefully, but yeah, it's a whack.
I'm lucky, I finish my job on Thursday, and my boss is buying mine as my farewell gift so only have to buy one for girlfriend, so I can't complain!
Just can't wait until Sunday!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote:
tugga wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:140 for me - no idea what seat the aisle is but hopefully I'm not wedged in the middle!
Anyone doing the Cruise?
Considering it. But for $259 it's pretty steep.
I figure it's comparable to the player of the year night in price, and should really set the day up for a good one hopefully, but yeah, it's a whack.
I'm lucky, I finish my job on Thursday, and my boss is buying mine as my farewell gift so only have to buy one for girlfriend, so I can't complain!
Just can't wait until Sunday!
It would be a great cruise.
I've done something similar going to a GWS game as a Richmond supporter.
If the weather's good, it's sublime.
But rain and 18 predicted.
I'm still considering it.
Lucky you getting a freebie. You'll enjoy it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The whole possible Slater suspension is really leaving me with a really bitter taste in my mouth... To think they are going to rub out one of the games greatest ever champions over what most RL fans without prejudice would title a fantastic defensive play, is sickening.

The fact that we have to wait until Tuesday to get a definitive decision, is almost as frustrating. Regardless of what the players/coaching staff say, it is a big distraction in Grand Final week and ensures that we won't have consistent team training throughout the week.

On the positive side, I doubt our game plan changes much (if at all) whether Cronk plays or not. We can expect heavy traffic directed at the right defensive edge of the Rorters. They will either have an unfit Cronk (very unlikely) or an inexperienced half, not entirely comfortable with defensive combinations. NAS --> DESTROY. Stimson and/or Scott should see a bit of ball inside the attacking 20m.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can also see a lot of kicks to Fox's side with probably Ferguson coming at him all night regardless of whatever half back is playing for them.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whoa... Sydney journalists are in overdrive tonight. Every man and his dog pushing hard at the 11th hour to influence the judiciary members with strong, biased opinion pieces.

“He has to be rubbed out for the good of the game! For the integrity of the game!” - Give me a break you hypocritical flogs :roll:
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Whoa... Sydney journalists are in overdrive tonight. Every man and his dog pushing hard at the 11th hour to influence the judiciary members with strong, biased opinion pieces.

“He has to be rubbed out for the good of the game! For the integrity of the game!” - Give me a break you hypocritical flogs :roll:
Buzz Rothfield was very surprisingly in Billy's corner on NRL360 tonight.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

I was surprised at Buzz Rothfield too and surprised at Ben ikin - thought the situation would have been reversed...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh Addo-Carr is due for a try or two. He hasn't scored in his last six matches.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Josh Addo-Carr is due for a try or two. He hasn't scored in his last six matches.
Fingers crossed... He also needs to get some decent metres on kick returns/early set hit-ups. He was carted backwards almost every carry against the Sharks.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Josh Addo-Carr is due for a try or two. He hasn't scored in his last six matches.
Scored 2 in the big dance last year. Let's hope for a repeat!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm confident that Slater will get off and the tsunami of tears from north of the border will be immense.

Based on the NRL's own definition of a shoulder charge, Slater cannot be deemed to have committed one if there was an attempt to use the arm or hand in the tackle. Slater reaches across his body and makes first contact with his right hand on Feki's hand. There is clear evidence showing this. Case closed.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I'm confident that Slater will get off and the tsunami of tears from north of the border will be immense.

Based on the NRL's own definition of a shoulder charge, Slater cannot be deemed to have committed one if there was an attempt to use the arm or hand in the tackle. Slater reaches across his body and makes first contact with his right hand on Feki's hand. There is clear evidence showing this. Case closed.
agreed....at best.

at worst....completely ambiguous
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean, the judiciary panel members in theory COULD ignore the NRL's own specific definition of a shoulder charge and adjudicate based on 'gut feel' and what they feel is/isn't a shoulder charge. They COULD take into account what has been said in the media over the past few days.

But that is not why they are there. They are there to adjudicate based on the letter of the law. They will be briefed by a proper judge before the proceedings on the NRL's definition and how their assessment must be strictly made based on the wording in the rules and the evidence presented. I just can't see how they could possibly uphold the MRC's charge if they follow the process/guidelines they are given.