2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormreign
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This game scares me - in fact I think I would be too afraid to watch at all. I'm not sure how we can beat them to be honest
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Current Storm players' grand final records:

Addo-Carr 1 for 1 win
Asofa-Solomona 1 for 1 win
Blair 1 no wins
J.Bromwich 3 for 2 wins
K.Bromwich 2 gor 1 win
Chambers 4 for 3 wins
Croft yet to play
Dtinkwater yet to play
Finucane 4 for 1 win
Glasby 2 for 1 win
Grant yet to play
Hoffman 4 for 3 wins
Hughes yet to play
Jacks yet to play
Kamikamica yet to play
Kasiano 2 for no wins
F.Kaufusi 1 gor 1 win
P.Kaufusi yet to play
Munster 2 for 1 win
Olam yet to play
Papenhuyzen yet to play
Scott 1 for 1 win
Seve yet to play
Slater 6 for 4 wins
B.Smith yet to play
C.Smith 6 gor 4 wins
Stimson yet to play
Vete yet to play
Vunivalu 2 for 1 win
Walters yet to play
Welch 1 for no win
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith will, I believe, break Lockyer's record for most finals appearances this week.
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormreign wrote:This game scares me - in fact I think I would be too afraid to watch at all. I'm not sure how we can beat them to be honest
Joined yesterday, obvious troll, please ban this goose mods.
fallenrabbit
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi guys,

Disappointed Rabbitohs fan here... congratulations on making it to the grand final. I hope you win as I can’t stand the Roosters.

I have four platinum tickets available to the game and am willing to let them go for below cost, if anybody is interested in taking them off my hands.

Cheers
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well it seems it was too much of an inconvenience for the NRL to move Bill's hearing to the Monday night. I mean why would they? It's not like there's a grand final this week or anything....
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Why would anyone want to focus on the GF? That’s not what the NRL is about. The REAL story is in the bullshit soap opera :roll:
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Why would anyone want to focus on the GF? That’s not what the NRL is about. The REAL story is in the bullshit soap opera :roll:
Sells papers...
It would be nice if the actual game and its stars were the focus.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I pray Bellyache doesn't change the teams dynamic and move Munster back. I hope for Hughes to replace him if Bill is robbed of his chance.
It's a 50/50 game in my opinion. Won't be high scoring.
God I hope Cronk is out , gives us a slight advantage. Even playing injured will help us.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brad Fittler should get hit by a bus!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/23/bra ... precedent/
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:
stormreign wrote:This game scares me - in fact I think I would be too afraid to watch at all. I'm not sure how we can beat them to be honest
Joined yesterday, obvious troll, please ban this goose mods.
Done.
aussiestorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I have to work Sunday so won't see the game live, although it's probably not the worst thing to happen. I get so nervous (even during the regular season).

Perhaps the one good thing about all of this is that I won't be at the game live (which I find my nerves are much better when I am there). The only grand final I made it to live (which still haunts me) is 2008. I swore then it must have been my fault they lost (some curse) and vowed I would only watch grand finals on TV.

Of course I will be sneaking lots of peeks at the score. I am definitely going with the heart for this one and that we will win. My prediction 14-6.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:Brad Fittler should get hit by a bus!

What a f*cking hypocrite this guy is.

Friend drops a bloke on his head - Defends it, blames Inglis, moves on the conversation.
Slater makes shoulder to shoulder contact - Screams "ban him" in every TV opportunity he gets.

Someone should be calling him out publicly for his clear bias and general douchebag-edness.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am surprisingly optimistic about Billy's chances after reading most of the comments on LeagueUnlimited (who'da thought!?)

If this big shot lawyer got Whighton off of his shoulder charge then who knows what he could do for Bill.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Brad Fittler should get hit by a bus!

What a f*cking hypocrite this guy is.

Friend drops a bloke on his head - Defends it, blames Inglis, moves on the conversation.
Slater makes shoulder to shoulder contact - Screams "ban him" in every TV opportunity he gets.

Someone should be calling him out publicly for his clear bias and general douchebag-edness.
What do you expect? Brad Fittler, Roosters legend. No conflict of interest there.