2018 Grand Final. Storm v Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

#WeGoAgain
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our best ever chance for back to back. If we show up ready to play tough through the middle, we will get the job done - respectfully, with or without Slater.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many weeks for Friend? 3 for the tackle as per McLean on McKinnon sounds about right.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am calling it now. Friend will nor get any and Cronk will play
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Slater gets off, Friend gets a grade 1 charge which allows him to play and Cronk gets needled up and both teams go in full strength which is what you want to see in a big game, I can’t wait and think we are a huge chance of going back to back, I think our pack can more than match it with theirs we just need the attack to click and we should get the job done.

Storm

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J.Bromwich
9. C.Smith (c)
10. Glasby
11. Kaufusi
12. Stimson
13. Finucane

14. K.Bromwich
15. Asofa-Solamona
16. Welch
17. B.Smith

18th Man: Hoffman

Roosters

1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Mitchell
4. Manu
5. Ferguson
6. Keary
7. Cronk
8. Warea-Hargreaves
9. Friend (c)
10. Napa
11. Aubusson
12. Cordner
13. Taukeiaho

14. Radley
15. Liu
16. Matterson
17. Tetevano

18th Man : Collins

Should be a cracker, 2 best teams all year should duel it out for the crown!! Can’t wait!!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately Cronk is snowballs to play this weekend. If Gallen couldn't get over an AC injury then I fear Cronk won't either.

I am a bit disappointed as you want the best of the best playing on both teams to enjoy a real contest. I'd say Cronk, Friend and Slater potentially all missing out will take the excitement out of the game
Monsoon
Monsoon

IF ... if Slater is rubbed out there is a discussion to be had regarding the replacement, I think Hughes, Drinkwater and Jacks are all in the conversation, personally I’d opt for Hughes at the back as he has been good this year but Drinkwater has something about him, and as we saw last night with the Roosters playing a 2 gamer in their preliminary experience isn’t everything, if you are good enough you are old enough. The other option is shifting Munster back to his favoured fullback position and play Jack’s in the halves as he will sure up our defence too, I think Hughes though and I think Bellamy will go that way to, hopefully we don’t have to worry about this and Bill is there on Sunday night
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scans on Cronks shoulder apparently are pretty bad. Big chance he won’t play
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes in if Billy is suspended.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't imagine a scenario where Drinkwater plays. It's just not a Bellamy thing to do. Hughes has performed exceptionally well at fullback and has earned the chance to play.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Friend's been charged with a grade one. No prior offences. He's been given the green light.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

riders of the storm wrote:Friend's been charged with a grade one. No prior offences. He's been given the green light.
What a load of s@#$. Way more dangerous than Billy's!
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Hopefully the judiciary exercises some common sense regarding Billy. What Jake friend did was far more dangerous than what Billy did. I won't hold my breath though....

Cronk has severely damaged his rotator cuff. Even if he somehow manages to line up, I can't see any way he'll be even close to 100%

All things aside, from what I saw in our first two finals match vs what the roosters have shown in their finals, I'm very confident we can get the job done next Sunday! Bring it on, going back to back is looking good!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The goal should be to send that shit human Ferguson off to Parramatta without a premiership. He won't win one there either!