PRELIMINARY FINAL - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And here we go again... While the Sharks have pretty much had the wood on us in the last couple of years, I'm quietly confident that we'll get the job done. With the week off for us to rejuvenate and get over some niggles and with them losing Graham for the season and Gallen/Lewis under injury clouds that negates their forward pack a fair bit which is where they've had it over us in recent encounters.

While I know Gallen and Lewis will play there's no way they'll be near 100% given they never came back on even though their game was in the balance all of the second half. Target those two to soften them up as well as rattle Townsend and I think we'll advance through, albeit still in a pretty close one.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What's wrong with the other thread?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:What's wrong with the other thread?
The other thread was made last week before we knew who our opponent was and was in regards to what the line up may or may not be against the Sharks/Panthers. It's now been confirmed who we're playing so given the enormity of the game I thought a new thread was appropriate. That said if you feel more comfortable posting in the other one then by all means don't let me stop you ;)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey guys, if the member pre-sale link no longer allows you to purchase tix would it be safe to assume member allocations have been sold out?

I got 6 on Friday and tried to get another 6 today but the box for the code isnt even working? Member pre-sale is available until 10am tomorrow morning.

Maybe the system is making us wait until 10am with the Sharks fans
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Without looking past the opposition in front of us, I'm assuming this will be a bruising and grubby encounter for both sides and might have some repercussions for whoever gets through to the GF with both potential injuries and judiciary issues. I fully expect us to win this one but we will need to be very disciplined and not bite if they try to go down swinging (Chambers I'm looking at you bud).
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Without looking past the opposition in front of us, I'm assuming this will be a bruising and grubby encounter for both sides and might have some repercussions for whoever gets through to the GF with both potential injuries and judiciary issues. I fully expect us to win this one but we will need to be very disciplined and not bite if they try to go down swinging (Chambers I'm looking at you bud).
Agreed, we lose to the sharks when it comes down to who can get away with murder the best. When its 80 minutes of footy, we win. Its a matter of the boys being mentally tough and copping whatever elbows or twists necessary to get into the Grand Final.

If the sharks play anything like they did on the weekend it will be 80 minutes of elbows and knees to all areas of the body. I fully expect Gallen to get in NAS' face ever since he pulled him down from behind, I also expect Chambers to get lippy and try to do his best Steve Matai impersonation (he is becoming more and more like him now)
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agreed 100% about mental toughness being the key. I think Will is going for Justin Hodges 2.0 myself. Hope he leaves the grubbery behind because I think he could contribute a lot more if he just focuses on the footy.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Chambers has been given permission to go back to his normal ways.

Don't out grub the grubs...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b7e3363335
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh god I’ve been fine since I found out we were playing the sharks but today the nerves started...the whole thought of of Friday makes me worried
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super confident, think we win this easily, 13+ without a shadow of a doubt. Team selection will be interesting, I think we will see:

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Welch
11. Kaufusi
12. Stimson
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. K. Bromwich
16. Glasby

17. One of B.Smith/Hoffman/Kasiano/Vete/Blair/Hughes

I’d like to see Brandon stay in the squad but won’t be surprised to see another big body picked and Hoffman possibly included.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:Looks like Chambers has been given permission to go back to his normal ways.

Don't out grub the grubs...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b7e3363335
No no no no no no no!!! When did that last work out for us? I really hope they just focus on the footy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers needs a strict kicking ban. If he gives away posession on the 2nd/3rd tackle again, I will lose it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team List:

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. William Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenny Bromwich
15. Christian Welch
16. Ryan Hoffman
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

18. Brandon Smith
19. Jahrome Hughes
20. Sam Kasiano
21. Cheyse Blair
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon has to come in for Hoffman. Simply has to. It would be a monumental mistake to leave Brandon out.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FMD WTF is Hoffman doing there instead of Brandon