PRELIMINARY FINAL - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

We're off to the big dance lady's & gents
I'm sweating on Bill, anyone know when the Mrc hand out the charges ?
A great team effort across the park.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormfan2010 wrote:We're off to the big dance lady's & gents
I'm sweating on Bill, anyone know when the Mrc hand out the charges ?
A great team effort across the park.
We should hear whether he's charged by this afternoon.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Pretty ordinary second half. Bellamy will be spewing. Another GF though. Top work from the boys tonight.
What do you want? They did what they needed to do, no one got badly hurt and Gallen had a cry on the sideline. All good from here.
Um ok? We weren't clinical at all in the second half. Bellamy will absolutely not be happy about that.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:Terrific performance especially in the 1st half.

Billy was immense and I it was certainly not one of the typical “shoulder charges” and if there is no penalty nobody talks about it. Fair play to Shane Flanagan in his honest assessment of it. Hope is arm coming around gets him off.

Lots of other excellent displays - Forwards stood up which is where the game was won and Munster/Croft controlled things well.

Matt Prior is an absolute sh1thouse - late third man in, grapple tackles and standing on people’s hands.

Luke Lewis on the other hand is a magnificent servant of the game and played tirelessly with a corker calf for most of the 2nd half. One of the Cronulla players worthy of respect.
Lewis is magnificent.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Billy charged with grade 1. Needs to win at judiciary to play
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Did Fifita get charged for his crusher tackle and the late dog shot on Bromwich?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did Prior get charged with the eye gouge?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NevilleB wrote:Billy charged with grade 1. Needs to win at judiciary to play
Tearing. My. Hair. Out.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think anyone should be concerned about him missing the game fwiw.

I think what Slater did was the right thing to do but technically probably a shoulder charge. The NRL has shown to be pretty consistent in not charging similar tackles this season so my real problem with this is why is this tackle any different?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:I don't think anyone should be concerned about him missing the game fwiw.

I think what Slater did was the right thing to do but technically probably a shoulder charge. The NRL has shown to be pretty consistent in not charging similar tackles this season so my real problem with this is why is this tackle any different?
The difference is the media outcry
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I don't think anyone should be concerned about him missing the game fwiw.

The difference is the media outcry
It's actually becoming a little more divided. Depends what state the journalists are from!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. I'm quietly confident he'll get off after fighting it The front on shot shows his arm outstretched as if in the motion of tackling and in the rules of defining a shoulder charge it says "The player ddid/does not use his arms, including his hands to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player"

Given his arm was outstretched and not tucked in I think that creates enough ambiguity to get off on that technicality
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is quite a similar tackle by Waqa Blake doing the rounds on social media. If anything, Blake looks to cock his shoulder a lot earlier than Slater.

Blake wasn’t suspended, charged or even penalised. The commentators were blowing each other talking about the brilliant try-saving effort.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I mean I hope he gets off but actually think we will do ok without him or is that just me
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:There is quite a similar tackle by Waqa Blake doing the rounds on social media. If anything, Blake looks to cock his shoulder a lot earlier than Slater.

Blake wasn’t suspended, charged or even penalised. The commentators were blowing each other talking about the brilliant try-saving effort.
There is a Ponga one from early in the season where it's the same thing.