PRELIMINARY FINAL - Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brenton Sped and Anastasia lobbying/begging the MRC to charge him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty ordinary second half. Bellamy will be spewing. Another GF though. Top work from the boys tonight.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:Brenton Sped and Anastasia lobbying/begging the MRC to charge him.
Sadly, I think Billy will be cited. Sydney media will not let up and will accuse Melbourne of being a protected club if they don't.

Sanity should prevail, but I wouldn't want to be the NRL or the MRC this week
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some strong arguments to take to a judiciary hearing - which appears likely. Arm is not tucked and at contact, is away from his body. The argument of bracing for contact with Feki possibly stepping back inside has merit also.

Sydney media will be in overdrive, pressuring the NRL though.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wonderful win. Super stuff.

The key seemed to be the way they shut down the Sharks offloads in the first half. As Blazza said, not as good in the second half- Fifita et al kept offloading , BUT save for the Lewis try we held firm.

Munster enormous. Billy wonderful. ( I think there was enough of a pushing motion to get him off any charge - I would take it to the friggin High Court if required)

Big Jesse just so good. Ditto the skipper.

Welch helped to erase the memories of 2016 with a really strong display.

Scott, Finucane, Croft, B Smith very good. Kaufusi even better.

How lucky we are to have this fine group representing us.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If roosters win do we have to wear our away kit?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote:Welch helped to erase the memories of 2016 with a really strong display.
I’ve been very impressed with Welch lately, he’s really coming along nicely. If he keeps it up next year then he’ll go close to getting a QLD jumper I reckon
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:Pretty ordinary second half. Bellamy will be spewing. Another GF though. Top work from the boys tonight.
What do you want? They did what they needed to do, no one got badly hurt and Gallen had a cry on the sideline. All good from here.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Utha
Squall
Squall

An incredible ninth grand final overall, and eighth in thirteen years.

What a club. <3
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NevilleB wrote:If roosters win do we have to wear our away kit?
Yes a Roosters win tomorrow would mean we are the away team.
On the whole Billy Slater shoulder I think he could get off because his right hand comes around first but tbh I was looking for reasons NOT to suspend him so that's not a good sign.
My best on ground was Billy and Filise who has gone to another level lately.
If Billy plays the only thing that stops us going back to back is a better team on the day.
Oh and our bench was awesome and with Hoffman, Kasiano, Cheyse and Jahrome all available just goes to show what depth we have with no injury to speak of
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The witch hunt on Billy begins. If he's cited does he have carry over points etc? Brilliant win. Fifita is an absolute bevan.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Carry over points don't matter - minimum charge for Shoulder Charge is 200 points, so even with an early guilty plea & no existing carry over points it would still result in a one week ban minimum.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Terrific performance especially in the 1st half.

Billy was immense and I it was certainly not one of the typical “shoulder charges” and if there is no penalty nobody talks about it. Fair play to Shane Flanagan in his honest assessment of it. Hope is arm coming around gets him off.

Lots of other excellent displays - Forwards stood up which is where the game was won and Munster/Croft controlled things well.

Matt Prior is an absolute sh1thouse - late third man in, grapple tackles and standing on people’s hands.

Luke Lewis on the other hand is a magnificent servant of the game and played tirelessly with a corker calf for most of the 2nd half. One of the Cronulla players worthy of respect.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:Terrific performance especially in the 1st half.

Billy was immense and I it was certainly not one of the typical “shoulder charges” and if there is no penalty nobody talks about it. Fair play to Shane Flanagan in his honest assessment of it. Hope is arm coming around gets him off.

Lots of other excellent displays - Forwards stood up which is where the game was won and Munster/Croft controlled things well.

Matt Prior is an absolute sh1thouse - late third man in, grapple tackles and standing on people’s hands.

Luke Lewis on the other hand is a magnificent servant of the game and played tirelessly with a corker calf for most of the 2nd half. One of the Cronulla players worthy of respect.
I totally agree with your assessment of both Prior and Lewis.

Prior even had a dig at Billy's eyes at one point. A terrible attitude to the game. No talent, just dirt. Lewis however played hard but fair, as he has throughout his career.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Having just written the above, I have now read the match report on NRL.com, where Luke Lewis is quoted as saying there is nothing in the Slater tackle , and that if he is rubbed out then Lewis does not know what the game is coming to.