Storm vs Sharks/Panthers line up

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Needle up and they’ll be sweet
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Flanagan has just said that Gallen will play. He'll do everything to make sure that he's right. He's aware of the injury as he's done it before apparently.

Nonetheless, and based on Kaufusi's performance last week, we need to be sending him out Gallen's way to test him out hard!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Deadpool wrote:
Kettles wrote:
NevilleB wrote:FMD I stopped reading your team when I saw 3. Chambers.

If we play the Sharks this grubby yappy piece of s*** will cost us the game

Damn right.
Gotta real feel for Blair.
He's the one who got us to next week and he's going to miss out in all probability.
It'l be Chambers - trotting out his usual shit brand of football.
One of the great mysteries in life - how this bloke get picked for not only his team, but his state AND country.

He's been kissed on the dick, this guy.
Pfft.
Hey whether you like it or not, whether you like Chambers or not, he is still one of the best centres in the game. Sure this year hasn’t been his best but he’s still a much better centre then Blair, it’s not even close. Blair doesn’t deserve to be there ahead of Chambers or Scott just because he had 2 tries handed to him last week. Apart from those two tries Blair has been absolutely shithouse this year when he’s came in

Last year he got a pass mark. His 2016 and 2018 seasons have been largely, rubbish. This is a guy living on past glories, ‘cos he’s a decidedly ordinary player these days.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

We are lima lima lima duck. We can’t beat the Sharks
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We haven’t beaten the sharks in a long time but ...I’m just gonna sit and enjoy the game ...all my nerves went away after the sharks won (normally it’s a bad sign) but I’m just gonna enjoy the game for what it is ....we win we win we lose we lose I can’t change the result it up to Craig and the boys now
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am very confident. Sharks are done.

Pressure Townsend all night. Kaufusi to hammer him to the ground at every opportunity. NAS to run riot.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if we do anything different. Can't continue to allow them to just monster our key players game after game.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Similar game plan as for Souths - stand up to Sharks pack especially Fifita and hammer the playmakers. Both are handy but Moylan has the X factor and worth a few heavy and legal early hits...

Need to watch Holmes out the back. Probably the sharks main danger man...

Don’t overplay our hand, aim to be mistake free and space/breaks will come..
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree totally with SSC on this one. We have often suffered when we play Cronulla for they have a tendency to drag us down to their level and not play our own game. Winning the battle of the forwards means Moylan and Townsend don't have the time to make their more damaging plays, therefore, stopping quick ball to Holmes. Timmy G has always been good on Fifita and I'm sure there's absolutely no doubt that Gallen and Lewis will miss the game. I look forward to Felise and the big NASty to introducing themselves early in the game.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

While all the focus is on Gallen, Fifita, Holmes, Townsend etc, and rightly so, I reckon someone we can’t overlook is Jayson Bukuya. A very underrated player that can be very damaging for them. Some of his runs last night were massive
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

True. Ramien also has been strong out on the edge.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matt Prior - always has a blinder against us!