QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Honestly the way each have played and been used at halfback this season there really isn't much difference between the two. Hughes doesn't look as comfortable as a ball player but his kicking game has been slightly better imo. His defence 1 on 1 isn't great though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Paul Crawley on NRL360 tonight practically begging the referees to penalise the Storm out of the game against the Bunnies :lol:

Apparently our ‘wrestle’ is of serious concern and should not be rewarded in the Finals. Obviously hasn’t been paying much attention to our game and is just talking trash and hoping it has some influence.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a statement "penalise the storm out of the game". There is so many things wrong in saying that I do not know where to start. I will just say people complaining about Storm happens every finals campaign and will get louder every week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rabbitohs line up;

1. Alex Johnston
2. Campbell Graham
3. Greg Inglis
4. Dane Gagai
5. Robert Jennings
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10. George Burgess
11. John Sutton
12. Angus Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14 Hymel Hunt
15 Cameron Murray
16 Jason Clark
17 Dean Britt

18. Braidon Burns
19. Tyrell Fuimaono
20. Tevita Tatola
21. Matt McIlwrick
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Head Referee - Ashley Klein... :roll:

Crawley is cheering.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Looks like we'll field a fairly decent line up, but as with last week, I expect a couple of late changes, Craig seems to be doing his best to play funny buggers with the team announcements. Hopefully we've been deliberately playing a little off the pace and saving it up ot best for the finals.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:Head Referee - Ashley Klein... :roll:

Crawley is cheering.
As much as I dislike Klein, it could have been worse, we could have gotten Perenara
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have had major issues with Klein over a sustained period. The club has raised concerns with the NRL over a number of clear discrepancies/double standards in the way Klein referees our games. I understand that this is apparently 'water under the bridge' with the club and Klein moving on, but I would think Klein harbours resentment over being publically called out on his rubbish. That and I just don't like his head...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pack leader reaches 200

melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 4 Sep 2018

Jesse Bromwich is set to become just the sixth player in Club history and first Kiwi to reach the 200-game milestone for Melbourne Storm.

The powerful prop will achieve the feat when he runs out in Storm's Qualifying Final this Friday night against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at AAMI Park.

The 29-year-old is a two-time Premiership player (2012 and 2017) and was named Storm Player of the Year for three consecutive seasons from 2014-16. Only Cameron Smith (seven) has been awarded the Club's highest honour on more occasions.

Earlier this year Bromwich was also selected in the No.8 jersey for the Melbourne Storm Team of 20 Years.

Speaking to the media on Tuesday ahead of his milestone and his team's blockbuster Final against the Rabbitohs, Bromwich said he is extremely proud to be lining up for this 200th game.

"I'm very proud (of the milestone) and feel very lucky I got to this Club when I was a young kid so I could learn the way I have here and to be able to play my footy how I like too. I feel very grateful I've been able to play here and it's a good time of the year to do it too."

Since making his NRL debut in 2010, Bromwich has risen to become the leader of the Storm pack. The incredibly durable forward missed just two games between Round 1, 2011 and Round 6, 2017. While this season Bromwich has had to endure two stints on the sidelines with a knee and hamstring injury, however the forced stints on the sidelines has him feeling fresh leading into another September campaign.

"I've had some troubles this year with some injuries, previously I was getting through games pretty well, so touchwood I can keep doing that. I feel fresh with the breaks I've had this year, I'm just really looking forward to this Friday and excited its Finals footy time."

After running for more than 4,000 metres in 2015, he earned his place amongst the competition's elite the following season when he backed up his effort to earn the 2016 Dally M Prop of the Year honour.

He has also welcomed the responsibility of leading Melbourne Storm into the future, stepping into the Club's senior leadership group alongside Smith, Billy Slater, Will Chambers, Dale Finucane and Tim Glasby.

"I've been very lucky to be at a good Club and learn off some very good leaders. To start with Craig and the hard work he puts in, for me I want to be like that when I hit the training paddock or the gym and be in good shape for the weekend.

"To be lucky also to be around guys like Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk for a long time and Billy Slater, for me they consistently train and play well and all I wanted to do when I was a young kid was to consistently train well and prepare well and hopefully I've done that over my career.

"I see that as my main role now for the young guys, especially the forwards, to show them to train as you want to play and preparing your best for a game. That's what I see as important."

Bromwich will celebrate the occasion on game day with his wife Lezyola and two sons Eli and Isaac who will run through the banner with him, whilst he will take the field alongside brother Kenny.

----------

Congrats big fella!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:That and I just don't like his head...
:lol: :lol: :lol: [I think I know that feeling!]
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I almost wish Olam was playing instead of Cheese. I love the long sleeves but he didn't offer much in attack last week. Olam was just wreckless when he threw himself at the defensive line and really got us on the front foot.
Olam's defensive deficiencies is an issue though and playing alongside Suli that may be a target for the opposition.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:The incredibly durable forward missed just two games between Round 1, 2011 and Round 6, 2017.
What a run! For anyone interested, the most consecutive games record belongs to Luke Douglas with 215! Although this record should come with an asterisk ;)
Between his first grade début in Round 2, 2006 and Round 23, 2014 inclusive he never missed a first grade match through injury or suspension. His run of 215 games straight is the record for most consecutive appearances, and the most from début. He surpassed the previous record of 194, held by Jason Taylor, on 10 March 2014 against his former club the Cronulla Sharks. His coach, John Cartwright, said his record was, "remarkable, especially playing in the front row, he plays pretty big minutes as well.

His unbroken streak of NRL matches since début came to an end in August 2014 when he was one of several past and present Sharks players to accept a year-long ban, backdated to 21 November 2013, as part of ASADA's investigation into the club's controversial supplements program.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:We have had major issues with Klein over a sustained period. The club has raised concerns with the NRL over a number of clear discrepancies/double standards in the way Klein referees our games. I understand that this is apparently 'water under the bridge' with the club and Klein moving on, but I would think Klein harbours resentment over being publically called out on his rubbish. That and I just don't like his head...
Oh, don't get me wrong, Klein spells clown to me... Definitely not a ref I rate...
Just that I remember reading a piece a few months back that statistically placed perenara as the worst win rate referee of the last 10 years for us.
Here's hoping the NRL has read the referees the riot act about being professional and doing their best not to influence the outcome of games. Can't imagine the NRL wants to much bad press surrounding the refs during the finals after some of the howlers this season

Besides, like you said, clown has a hateable head :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Perenara hates us because Bellamy didn't want him in 2003
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very rugby league talk happening here where we discuss refs :lol:

Officials make calls I get annoyed about in every sport I follow. I don't really care too much about them though.