QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Panthers are a worry. Cleary on fire and Maloney is an old head in big games
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Latrell only misses 1 game with early plea. F*** off
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mitchell has been slapped with a wet lettuce leaf and received a grade 1 dangerous contact charge and with his carry over points he'll miss a week if he doesn't fight it. Now, can anyone tell me what the difference was between he and Chambers' who received a grade 3 dangerous contact charge? That was a rhetorical question because it was sweet FA.

It's clearly a case that the NRL knew they had to charge him but only made sure it was the lowest grading they could dish out. Uncle Nick strikes again...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mitchell getting a slap on the wrist should surprise nobody
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam Kasiano played 9 minutes ...what a waste of a spot in the team
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just warming the bench until Nelson is back I hope
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Just warming the bench until Nelson is back I hope

god I hope so
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi played well I thought.

:lol:
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Deadpool wrote:Mitchell getting a slap on the wrist should surprise nobody
Of course,but at least they won't have him for the prelim. With Souths likely to easily beat a battered Dragons team next week, and Roosters missing Napa, Mitchell and Taukeiaho, GI and his boys might be a fair chance of getting through to the GF.

As I type , Matt Lodge showing all his "class" with a couple of swinging arms as the Broncos go down the gurgler.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Mitchell has been slapped with a wet lettuce leaf and received a grade 1 dangerous contact charge and with his carry over points he'll miss a week if he doesn't fight it. Now, can anyone tell me what the difference was between he and Chambers' who received a grade 3 dangerous contact charge? That was a rhetorical question because it was sweet FA.

It's clearly a case that the NRL knew they had to charge him but only made sure it was the lowest grading they could dish out. Uncle Nick strikes again...
It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic.

They were virtually identical but the MRC found a difference. Not a slight difference either. TWO GRADES APART.

F*ck the NRL, honestly... :roll:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The NRL has officially lost it. They have scheduled Storm preliminary final on Friday night at the same time as Richmond preliminary final which could possibly be against Collingwood. Two of the biggest supporter bases in the AFL. The Saturday AFL final is in Perth.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A real head scratcher
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A big difference I’ve found between the Chambers/Latrell tackles is the media reaction. Very little has been written about the Latrell tackle while the media threw everything at Chambers, calling the worst crusher tackle they’ve ever seen, saying he must be suspended for the rest of the year, saying Chambers was deliberately trying to injure Hayne, all that shit. Very different reactions by the media, hell I think I’ve seen more articles about Bromwich not getting charged then Latrells crusher
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic.

They were virtually identical but the MRC found a difference. Not a slight difference either. TWO GRADES APART.

F*ck the NRL, honestly... :roll:
The funniest/worst thing is that the clueless Rorters dickheads on Facebook and the like are trying to justify the difference by saying that Chambers had more carry over or loading points. For one Mitchell had carry over points and secondly we're not carrying on about the fact that Chambers got 3 weeks and Mitchell only one, we're pointing out that Chambers got a grade 3 while Mitchell got a grade 1 for virtually an identical tackle.

I'm sure the Judiciary will come out with some lame arse excuse as to why they graded one worse than the other which will only make them look even more stupid
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:A real head scratcher
Yes and no. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and pretty much other major professional sports organisation in the world would put such a huge game up against another code in the same city let alone directly across the road. That said it's the NRL we're dealing with so stupid decisions that don't make sense is just the norm and expected unfortunately