QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:You realise plenty will turn up tonight and buy tickets. Not everyone prebooks.
Definitely some, but finals walk ups are not generally big. Also... the person I know was high in Consumer business, has a solid understanding of crowd behaviour at Storm games. I'd like to see 17 still, but it would appear the internal thoughts now are closer to 15.

I really hope it's wrong, don't get me wrong, and we'll just have to make sure it gets loud!
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Well done to the NRL for stuffing up our crowd numbers tonite. Give yourself an uppercut
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There wasn't too much the NRL could do with the scheduling for this week because of short turnarounds and a venue already being booked for Saturday. They screwed themselves months ago by having Brisbane play on a Sunday and not having foresight in predicting Souths being good.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am hearing a crowd of 20,000
storminghome
Squall
Squall

We haven’t had the bounce of the ball or that extra bit of luck over the past month. If it turns for us then I can see us going through unbeaten to another Premiership.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Such a critical game, obviously. Your entire season virtually comes down to this. You work hard all year to put yourself in a position to win a top 2 spot. You don't want to squander that opportinity.

Win, get a week off and then enjoy a Home Prelim. Saloon passage to the GF.
Lose, you have to play an elimination Semi and then play away in a Prelim. Tough road to a GF win.

Side point - It's a great finals system (infinitely better than the McIntyre System) and rightly rewards those that finish higher in the home/away season. But of course if you don't capitalise on the advantage you have earned, it was all for nothing...

I agree on all counts. Crucial crucial game. I am experiencing an unhealthy level of pre-game jitters. The assuredness of last year has gone. This one feels like a coin-toss.

I love this finals system . The AFL and NRL both had McIntyre, and both discarded it. Am I right that one year we finished top , got beaten by the 8th team ( Warriors? ) then had to play week 2 away ? Two bites of the cherry at home is much better for top 2.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not doubting your source for a second SS and sure it was around the mark numbers wise that he said but I still think we'll get the 17k-18k+ numbers.

Anyway as long as we win I couldn't care if it was two and a dog!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kas and Brandon in. Great selections IMO :)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Final line-up;

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
19. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
17. Kenny Bromwich
20. Sam Kasiano
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Hoff out, didn't see that coming.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm liking the look of the team. Besides Chambers and NAS, our strongest possible lineup
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good on Bellamy for making the tough call of not naming a bad player.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also glad that Brodie got the nod. We need a halfback.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good is the Storm team promo on Fox Sports! They’ve been running it for a week or so no. Love it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is probably the lowest my expectations have been on the team since 2014.