QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:If the Storm beat South Sydney and then win their preliminary final in two weeks' time, their trip to Sydney for the grand final will be their first game in the Harbour City since August 3. Their only trip out of Melbourne in that time was to the Gold Coast.
I find that pretty amazing... If we make the GF it will have been two months since we last played in Sydney.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One last thing - The last time we played, the Rabbitohs notched up an immense 428 Post Contact Metres whilst also making 9 line breaks...

We have spoken about the need for our forwards to aim up, but that doesn't go close to covering it. Controlling the ruck in defence - our usual bread and butter, needs to be on point... If we can't do that, Cook will carve us up off the back of quick play the ball.

On the flip side, we tire out their big boys by holding on to the pill (completions will be king) and having our own power running game/quick PTBs. Make them do a bunch of defence, earn repeat sets and stifle their impact with the ball in hand.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who thought this era was coming to an end when Cronk left? What a lazy piece of writing.

Last time we played our forward pack was as mentally and physically soft as I've seen them in years. Massive test for the entire unit to step up.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

My biggest concern with our forwards is whilst we are defending the ball. I don't want to see our forwards rolling to the side and laying on the ground whilst the opposition play and spread the ball. Happening too much lately.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:My biggest concern with our forwards is whilst we are defending the ball. I don't want to see our forwards rolling to the side and laying on the ground whilst the opposition play and spread the ball. Happening too much lately.
agreed. I mentioned this to a mate at the game. not enough urgency to get back in the defensive line.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Not sure how we can stop Inglis. He looks in the best shape in years (has lost 10kg this season) and our right edge defence has been rubbish over the past month
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storminghome wrote:Not sure how we can stop Inglis. He looks in the best shape in years (has lost 10kg this season) and our right edge defence has been rubbish over the past month
He certainly does - and they look in top nick all over the park with some big scores in them too
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1b43c37c16

Fox Sports predicted line-ups. We'll see how close they get...

Predicted Storm team: 1 Billy Slater, 2 Suliasi Vunivalu, 3 Cheyse Blair, 4 Curtis Scott, 5 Josh Addo-Carr, 6 Cameron Munster, 7 Brodie Croft, 8 Jesse Bromwich, 9 Cameron Smith, 10 Tim Glasby, 11 Felise Kaufusi, 12 Joe Stimson, 13 Dale Finucane, 14 Kenny Bromwich, 15 Christian Welch, 16 Ryan Hoffman, 17 Brandon Smith

Storm tips: A massive injection of star power for Melbourne with Billy Slater, Cameron Munster, Brodie Croft, and Suliasi Vunivalu all expected to be available for selection. Slater was back training with the squad on Monday after flying to Cairns late last week for a family matter. Munster (knee), Croft (knee), and Vunivalu (hamstring) should all be fit to line up against the Rabbitohs. Will Chambers is still suspended for a week, meaning there’s a race on for his centre spot between Cheyse Blair and Justin Olam. Nelson Asofa-Solomona is still expected to be sidelined with injury, but Brandon Smith may be fit and available if needed on the bench. The likes of Sam Kasiano, Ryley Jacks, and Tui Kamikamica will also be in contention for the No. 17 jersey.

Predicted Rabbitohs team: 1 Alex Johnston, 2 Campbell Graham, 3 Greg Inglis, 4 Dane Gagai, 5 Robert Jennings, 6 Cody Walker, 7 Adam Reynolds, 8 Tom Burgess, 9 Damien Cook, 10 George Burgess, 11 John Sutton, 12 Angus Crichton, 13 Sam Burgess, 14 Hymel Hunt, 15 Cameron Murray, 16 Jason Clark, 17 Dean Britt

Rabbitohs tips: Sam Burgess is expected to play after limping off the field last week with a hamstring issue. Expecting no changes for the Bunnies from their Round 25 line-up.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Sam Burgess is expected to play after limping off the field last week with a hamstring issue.
I didn't see it but there has to be questions around Sam's availability if he came off limping with a hamstring issue. These days even just hamstring "tightness" and they are looking to rest them.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Brandon is back. F*** yes. Get fired up everyone
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Friday 7 September
7.40pm, AAMI Park

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
16. Tui Kamikamica
17. Kenny Bromwich
18. Ryan Hoffman
19. Brodie Croft
20. Sam Kasiano
21. Sandor Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everyone back except for NAS and Chambers, who will be back for week 2 or 3 depending on this result to rip in and should be fresh, could be a blessing in disguise a lot of our stars have had breaks throughout the year and we might see the benefit of it over the finals!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Need kasiano in for kami and I think we are good
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't read much into how they're listed but it wont stop me from being intrigued.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

How is Hughes the 7, when Smith said yesterday Croft would be the 7 for finals. Is the coach and captain not talking, or is one of them playing so the Rabbits don't know, or has the coach lost his mined and thinks Hughes is a 7 when he clearly is not. We can not win with Hughes in the position, stop playing now and start planning for next year. Hughes is not a 7.