Round 25 - Storm vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think the panthers fans will be keen to see the back of Gould (or at least I would be if I was a panthers fan).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You would think so... but he seems to have a bit of a Risky Stuart vibe - where he can do no wrong in the eyes of club supporters. Regardless of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maloney is apparently set to be named for the Panthers. They have definitely missed him. Not sure how close to 100% Maloney's knee is, it was heavily strapped at training yesterday - might be a gamble to give their season some life. Hopefully it's not quite right though and the gamble doesn't pay off.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

He's not a great defender at the best of times, so I'd say we'll be directing a fair bit of traffic his way early on.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Named team from LAST week. What changes (if any) do you think we will see in the team named later this afternoon? I would like to see Vete in for Tui however as has been mentioned before, it seems as though Tui is above Vete in the pecking order.

Will Brodie retain the 7 jumper? I think he will tbh. 1 Missed Tackle last week (Munster had 5).

I assume our injured players are all definitely still out. I have listed the number of minutes each of our forwards played last week.

1. Billy Slater
2. Chase Blair
3. Justin Olam
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich (47)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (80)
10. Tim Glasby (48)
11. Felise Kaufusi (80)
12. Joe Stimson (80)
13. Dale Finucane (52)

14. Tui Kamikamica (3)
15. Christian Welch (34)
16. Kenny Bromwich (36)
19. Sam Kasiano (20)

17. Ryley Jacks
18. Scott Drinkwater
20. Albert Vete
21. Jahrome Hughes
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Hughes is fit he needs to be in the 17. Can't justify 4 big men on the bench if one is going to get limited minutes like Tui did last week.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think Hughes should come in for Olam. I prefer Croft at HB since he is a genuine play maker and his defence has improved. Also for us to win the comp we need a genuine HB. Hughes would be safe under the highball but also give us good kick returns so he almost negates Olam being on the team

Blair played ok last week without being great and Olam for me didn't do enough to hold his spot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would worry a little bit about Hughes' defence at centre tbh. He missed 7 tackles against the Sharks and 5 against the Bunnies. Having said that, he is dynamic in attack and sure as sh*t wouldn't have put that Slater pass down last week. I don't know what the answer is... Likely he would do a decent job, I would just be nervous.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I meant he should play on the wing instead of Olam mate :-D . Last week Scott played centre and Olam on the wing and Blair played centre with Ado Carr on his wing. I suspect this week we will play the same structure.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui playing 3 minutes is ridiculous and such a waste as is Kasiano only getting 20. I'm really surprised Bellamy doesn't use Finucane for 70+ minutes either.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Named team;

1. Billy Slater
2. Justin Olam
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich
15. Christian Welch
16. Tui Kamikamica
17. Sam Kasiano

18. Ryan Hoffman
19. Jahrome Hughes
20. Albert Vete
21. Ryley Jacks
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Tui playing 3 minutes is ridiculous and such a waste as is Kasiano only getting 20. I'm really surprised Bellamy doesn't use Finucane for 70+ minutes either.
In 2016 when Jesse was arguably the best prop in the game he was playing 65-70 mins per game. Noting his return from injury, ideally he has got to get his body back to providing those kinds of numbers with high quality.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is Hoffman really in a position to play?

Where is that Injury Report Frank!? ;D
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Panthers line up;

1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Josh Mansour
3. Waqa Blake
4. Tyrone Peachey
5. Christian Crichton
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Trent Merrin
9. Wayde Egan
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo
13. James Fisher-Harris

14. Tyrone May
15. Moses Leota
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. James Tamou

18. Sione Katoa
19. Jack Hetherington
20. Kaide Ellis
21. Tyrone Phillips
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Tui playing 3 minutes is ridiculous and such a waste as is Kasiano only getting 20. I'm really surprised Bellamy doesn't use Finucane for 70+ minutes either.
In 2016 when Jesse was arguably the best prop in the game he was playing 65-70 mins per game. Noting his return from injury, ideally he has got to get his body back to providing those kinds of numbers with high quality.
I'm talking Finucane. Even with with a fully healthy season he's only played 60 mins a game max for us. I've always been surprised by that. He seems like a player Bellamy would trust more.