Round 25 - Storm vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Amazing! If Cronulla win the top 4 are equal as would the bottom 4 if Broncos win.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So unless the Sharks win by 62, we’ll be playing the Rabbits. Our forwards will need to step up big time
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Would have been a hollow feeling winning the MP with the season the team has had. Hopefully this means Roosters will be perceived as the team that needs to be hunted rather than the Storm even though we're the reigning premiers, taking some pressure off.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

We have to play Friday night against the AFL now. Plus we lose one extra days rest
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Amazing! If Cronulla win the top 4 are equal as would the bottom 4 if Broncos win.
Yep. If Brisbane win, the entire top 8 will be separated by a single game (2 competition points). Crazy close...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rabbits, Sharks... In the end, it doesn’t matter.

If we want any chance in 2018 our forwards have to play out of their skins. We have been waiting for it all to ‘click’ all year but we haven’t really seen it. I cannot recall a single dominant forward drubbing like we saw semi-regularly in 2017. The closest we got was probably the week after Craig publicly questioned their effort.

That fact is shared across the coaching staff as well IMO with some questionable team selections arguably a factor at various points.

NAS and Brandon’s returns will be crucial. Hopefully they are good to go Week 1 of the finals.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

If the Sharks win by 62 on Sunday then they finish 3rd and we play them in the first week of finals
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:Hard to believe Curtis Scott was in the conversation for left centre for NSW ahead of Mitchell earlier in the season.
Scott has a better workrate and was a better defender. Not that hard to believe.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Are your sure it is Friday night. I thought he club did a deal with the NRL and we would have Saturday. They have been selling corporate boxes/seats for over a week.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

glennb wrote:Are your sure it is Friday night. I thought he club did a deal with the NRL and we would have Saturday. They have been selling corporate boxes/seats for over a week.
The team who finishes first is supposed to get a Friday home game, but NRL makes an exception where we're concerned due to AFL. Given we finished second, we should still be playing Saturday night to avoid a scheduling clash with the AFL
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

storminghome wrote:If the Sharks win by 62 on Sunday then they finish 3rd and we play them in the first week of finals
You really are a sad individual. Always looking for the most negative twist on any situation.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Trolls gotta troll...

It’s a sad life :-\
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:
RobbieRoss wrote:Hard to believe Curtis Scott was in the conversation for left centre for NSW ahead of Mitchell earlier in the season.
Scott has a better workrate and was a better defender. Not that hard to believe.
Mitchell is way overrated. Yeah he has some games where he is just unstoppable but he has more games where he does absolutely nothing with like 2 runs for the entire game. He didn’t even do much last night, he’s first try was impressive but he’s others where gifted to him and all he had to do was catch the ball and put it down. Should be in trouble for that diving at the knees tackle but watch him not get charged
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

At least he can score a try. Olam has been gifted 4 and bombed them all
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote:What an effort, never been happier after a loss, with the cattle we have sitting on the sidelines we should have been no chance, boys can hold their heads high, they showed a lot of heart tonight and I’m proud to be a Storm fan.
I felt exactly the same. To me it's the effort of players, if there isn't enough effort shown it gets pretty rough trying to support the boys.

Great and fun crowd to be watching the game with, hope to have the same crowd back for the finals!

But you can see the effort in the likes of Olam and Drink water and the likes but I am always a backer of Blair, unfortunately, from what I was watching of him he had his posturing throughout most of the night as if he didn't care, I would of rather seen him swapped with Olam, but that intercept pass was just not what you would expect from a better centre, there was plenty of time for Blair to spot the defender. He's not the first player to have selected the wrong boots, a lot of the players also need to learn how to play with sprigged boots rather than cleats in wet weather. I think from memory, C Smith is one who actually changed his boots and I'm sure then is the odd two or three others.

PS: For all players selling dummy passes, it's s no brainier you always follow through with a side step, that's just classic 101, so if we get another chance to see Drinkwater who debuet a buet! He sells a dummy he needs to follow it up with a side step ;)
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]