Round 25 - Storm vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Utha
Squall
Squall

If Chooks win 38-12, both sides will finish on the same points for and points against...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Utha wrote:If Chooks win 38-12, both sides will finish on the same points for and points against...
Ha, what a unique end to the season that would make in deciding the MP.

The official method for splitting teams is:
- Competition points
- Points differential
- Points scored as a percentage of points conceded
- Tries scored
- Goals scored
- Field goals scored
- Coin toss

Start at the top and for each tie, you'd move on to the next measure.

Imagine deciding the MP came down to a coin toss?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If the Roosters by some miracle did win exactly 38-12 AND that 38 points was comprised of;
- 5 Tries
- 8 Goals
- 2 Field Goals

The Minor Premiership goes to a coin toss!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And if no clear winner emerges from the coin toss, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:59% possession and would’ve been flogged with better goal kicking. We were honestly very poor.

Great debut for Drinkwater however.
Little harsh, we had a few unlucky moments with a completely new team all playing out of position, Drinkwaters no try, Olam twice just being out as he scored, Maloney’s kick just clearing Olams fingertips, the 12 point swing when Crichton intercepts Blair’s pass ... I think Scott and Hughes were awful defensively on that right edge, but I saw enough to think with Slater, Vunivalu, Chambers, Munster, Croft, NAS, B.Smith and co start to come back in the next few weeks we will be a force again, agree Drinkwater looked great and supposedly he is a good #7 as well which makes things interesting, I thought Hughes and Jacks were both poor tonight so I think Croft and Munster get first crack in the finals.
I agree with 1999. League can be a game of centimetres. Luck of the draw . Bounce of the ball. I just watched the replay. Whether or not there was a technical shepherd leading to the Drinkwater no-try, as Sterling said it had no impact on the try. We beat them down our right hand side. That would have made it 14-6 with kick to come.

Most wingers know how to score those ones in the corner. We have a centre playing out there. He scores, and we kick away again.

Intercepts are not normally reflective of the run of play. Crichton did a heck of a job, but that try at that time did not reflect how the game was flowing.

Another try of theirs was after a kick straight into one of our blokes- again a slice of luck.

We were not flogged. If Cleary had kicked straight it would have been 32-16. But he didn't - poor effort by him ( or their fault for not scoring closer to the posts ! )

We are nowhere near the dominant team of 2017, but we are still in this season up to our eyeballs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We had 13 on 12 for 20 minutes. We had 59% of possession. I don't really care about luck under those circumstances.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote:We had 13 on 12 for 20 minutes. We had 59% of possession. I don't really care about luck under those circumstances.

You don’t know how to read the game do you?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storminghome wrote:
blazza18 wrote:We had 13 on 12 for 20 minutes. We had 59% of possession. I don't really care about luck under those circumstances.
You don’t know how to read the game do you?
That’s rich :roll:

Back to pizza pockets in mummy’s basement and online COD for you!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If and buts meant nothing. The score was what is was. The first Drinkwater try should not have been disallowed and the I believe the first sin bin for the Panthers was rather soft. I would hate to see either of the calls in the finals.

I can't believe we are were we are but anything can happen. We need all our best fit players on the park and the need to not give away penalties or easy metres and we have a much chance as anyone.

The coach needs to pick a winning team not who he likes because we could end up losing finals games at the selection table.

Also, can someone please last night why front rowers we used as first receiver most of the night. I don't think it worked
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed Blazza. After the possession, field position and numbers advantage we had in the first half, we should have put on at least 3 tries. Regardless of missing cattle.

It felt like we were happy to play at ~80% and look to finals.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ok fine, we disagree. No worries.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Are Parra, particularly Moses, serious tonight? Those kicks should be investigated for the potential he's been paid off!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Are Parra, particularly Moses, serious tonight? Those kicks should be investigated for the potential he's been paid off!
Moses not sure the other Parra players are in on the fix, so gets himself sin binned to give the Chooks a hand.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hard to believe Curtis Scott was in the conversation for left centre for NSW ahead of Mitchell earlier in the season.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

All we can do is laugh at Paramatta.