Round 25 - Storm vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

^Except for the WCC
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you'll need to wait until next season for another game like that. Feel as if he's still not super confident in anything but his running game and he's hardly been rewarded with that this season.
PurpleReign
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yourhero wrote:^Except for the WCC
True, I forgot about the WCC! Showed his promise then, similar to when he played the Knights last year and tore them apart.

Seems to have actually done himself a disservice though with that performance, as it cemented all the pre-season hype for him to be the next CC, and after a few sub-par games his confidence appears to have never fully recovered.

That's why I feel like if he could just replicate a performance like in an NRL game, it would give him something to build on (without the hype) and he could ease himself into the form he is capable of.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

PurpleReign wrote:That's why I feel like if he could just replicate a performance like in an NRL game, it would give him something to build on (without the hype) and he could ease himself into the form he is capable of.
He really just needs one game where our forward pack dominates. All year the focus has predominantly been on the halves when that is just a symptom of the underlying issue. Our pack was almost unstoppable in 2017.

That's not to say Croft can be excused for being poor in games where the pack isn't dominating. He 100% needs to play better in these situations. Just would help that confidence.
PurpleReign
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

You're correct. Not only is he expected to shoulder the weight of being CC's successor, he is doing behind a different pack to what Cronk had last year.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this Friday. Obviously hoping he has a stellar game, but if he is somewhat sub-par, it's going to be a quite a selection headache around the 7 jersey leading into finals.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater has withdrawn from tomorrow nights game against the Panthers due to a family illness. Billy has flown to Cairns.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Firstly I hope all is OK with the family. Of course family comes first.

That is very unfortunate timing though (for Billy, the club and fans), with the game centred around Slater's farewell/final regular season game. Like a number of people I'm sure, my family and I are travelling over for the celebration.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely family comes first, and can only hope things work out for Billy and his family here.

Makes a massive dint in the farewells planned by the Club - hollow night tomorrow night now. Hopefully the NRL allow the Club to do some form of activation/farewell during the finals, despite the fact we hand over control of the venue
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really unfortunate.

Hughes to fullback then. Be good to have him back.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Some reports saying Slater won't play again this season
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storminghome wrote:Some reports saying Slater won't play again this season
Did you read that on the back of a toilet door whilst in there leaving your number on the wall?
storminghome
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:
Did you read that on the back of a toilet door whilst in there leaving your number on the wall?

On Twitter
storminghome
Squall
Squall

I wonder if we should lose this game so we avoid the Sharks in Week one of the finals.

Your thoughts?
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storminghome wrote:I wonder if we should lose this game so we avoid the Sharks in Week one of the finals.

Your thoughts?
Hmmm not sure Cameron
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Get the scoop fresh from Cameron did we? :lol: :lol: :lol: