Round 25 - Storm vs Panthers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know you were talking about Finucane, I was just point out Jesse has also been on fewer minutes all year. I am sure there are numerous factors that drive the decisions. Like what is happening in the game at any point.

I'm also assuming they have all the underlying data and can determine at what point each player is becoming less effective - slower defensive movements, PTB speed, time taken to retreat after an opposition kick, metres per carry, etc.

Obviously we aren't privy to the decision making process but just on 'guy in the stands' gut feel, we tend to be more effective in our forwards with Jesse and Finucane out there for longer shifts.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

WTF is Hoffman doing in that team
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need to know the gadgets that lets Hoffman play 80 minutes and destroy it.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:Blair played ok last week without being great and Olam for me didn't do enough to hold his spot.
You and I must of been watching different games. Blair did absolutely nothing. He gave away a stupid meaningless blatantly obvious penalty, did nothing in attack and our defence down that side was terrible. Olam on the other hand impressed me a lot. Besides he’s dropped ball with the line wide open (which I’m willing to put down to nerves) he was strong. Should have had two tries if not for the aforementioned drop and his toes being on the sideline. Hell you could probably say three and include the great tackle from Brimson that stopped him.

If anyone didn’t do enough to hold their spot it was Blair. I say bring Hughes in at centre and drop Cheyse
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Hoffman is back. We are now officially stuffed.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

storminghome wrote:Hoffman is back. We are now officially stuffed.
You are Cameron and I claim my five pounds.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Sharks under investigation for Salary Cap cheating. 2016 Premiership hopefully to be stripped off these drug taking salary cheaters lima lima lima duck
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storminghome wrote:Sharks under investigation for Salary Cap cheating. 2016 Premiership hopefully to be stripped off these drug taking salary cheaters *lima lima lima duck*
Much better post!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We should honestly put the cleaners through this mob if we're serious.
Penrith have a dangerous left edge but with Maloney missing they are pretty shit all round. If they're going to target us anywhere that's the obvious place with Kikau running at Brodie all day
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: Kikau running at Brodie all day
Will need Felise to provide some protection. Kikau is a monster that punches well above his weight.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kikau has been killing it all year - really damaging player. Brodie will absolutely need help, but that exposes the outside edges.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Will be interesting to see if Brodie still takes on the line after copping a few runs from Kikau
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He should. It has proved his best asset since coming in to first grade. Craig has made a few comments over time as well that he really wants to see Brodie take the line on... In the interest of staying in first grade, I'd take on that advice from the coach.

Easier said than done though when you look up and see that you are running at a bloke the size of Kikau :lol:
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Would love nothing more than for Brodie to grab this game by the neck and make the 7 jersey his own. We could use some stability in the halves as we go into the finals.
PurpleReign
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Danger D wrote:Would love nothing more than for Brodie to grab this game by the neck and make the 7 jersey his own. We could use some stability in the halves as we go into the finals.
Agreed. It does kinda seem like one barnstorming game is all he needs, he just hasn't managed to have one this season.