Round 24 - Titans vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Thank the heavens for Munster - give him what he wants and the keys to AAMI Park!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The redzone attack has been pretty dreadful outside of two great individual plays from Munster and Scott.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

That'll do! Not an amazing performance, but controlled enough and got the job done.
That's top 2 pretty much stitched up.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how the refs missed the high shot on Taylor. Barely held on trying to close the game out by playing a losing brand of football.

As much as I think the attack is a mess, specially inside the 20, I don't think we're far off from everything clicking and putting 30 up in the finals.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Well I asked for any win and we got it. Top 2 here we come

Be interesting to see if James also gets anything for tying to decapitate Smith
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:Well I asked for any win and we got it. Top 2 here we come

Be interesting to see if James also gets anything for tying to decapitate Smith
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knowing the NRL, he'll get a medal!
storminghome
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote:Disgusting effort, putrid showing from all involved and the big guns have been the worst offenders, Slater Smith and Munster have been diabolical and don’t even start me on Brodie Croft, I’m getting sick of these slow starts and low intensity, how are we just getting out enthused every damn week?!? I can’t understand what’s happening with this team the last month, it’s like we just decided it was all too hard and gave up, no one is working for anyone else, no forwards bending the line, halves aren’t creating, Slater’s a lost puppy off the leach, the only person who puts in and plays hard for the badge is The Fox, I don’t buy the waiting for finals line, we have a lot on the line tonight and to not get up for it is unacceptable, I can deal with being beat by a better side, I can’t deal with the poor effort, no heart, no pride, I’m so disappointed and it’s not this game I’m just going off the deep end, I’ve seen this coming for months, it hasn’t been a great season and god knows how we top the table, I’m not sure what the problem is, we have the cattle to destroy this Titans team.
Mate ruok??!! It appeared that you are having a mental breakdown
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wasn’t pretty but all but seals top two and 2 home finals which would be massive. Slater was absolutely outstanding, 300 metres run. Olam was great (other then he’s bombed try), he’s gotta be ahead of Blair in the pecking order now surely once the others start coming back. Again our forward pack just not delivering, surely Vete comes into the team next week. Tui only getting 2 minutes just doesn’t make sense, especially when our forwards were playing as shit as they were
Monsoon
Monsoon

storminghome wrote:
1999 wrote:Disgusting effort, putrid showing from all involved and the big guns have been the worst offenders, Slater Smith and Munster have been diabolical and don’t even start me on Brodie Croft, I’m getting sick of these slow starts and low intensity, how are we just getting out enthused every damn week?!? I can’t understand what’s happening with this team the last month, it’s like we just decided it was all too hard and gave up, no one is working for anyone else, no forwards bending the line, halves aren’t creating, Slater’s a lost puppy off the leach, the only person who puts in and plays hard for the badge is The Fox, I don’t buy the waiting for finals line, we have a lot on the line tonight and to not get up for it is unacceptable, I can deal with being beat by a better side, I can’t deal with the poor effort, no heart, no pride, I’m so disappointed and it’s not this game I’m just going off the deep end, I’ve seen this coming for months, it hasn’t been a great season and god knows how we top the table, I’m not sure what the problem is, we have the cattle to destroy this Titans team.
Mate ruok??!! It appeared that you are having a mental breakdown
Wasn’t far off it watching that first half mate haha, luckily the 2nd half was an improvement and all the aforementioned players all really stood up, but I still think cracks are being covered up and a good team in September will expose us, in Craig we trust right?
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Wow Rabbitohs and Roosters both losing today gives us a home final first week, and potentially the Minor Premiership
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

What a try saver from Josh!
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A very important weekend for the Storm. We came into this round at risk of falling as far as 6th by next weekend.

We win ( not pretty, but gutsy)

2nd loses

3rd loses

4th loses.

Excellent stuff. Top 2 guaranteed ( assuming we don't lose by 50 ) . Hopefully Munster ok, and they don't listen to GC whinging and cite Joe for tackling a falling Taylor.

Munster wonderful, strong, gutsy. Billy a threat all night.

The bench balance still not right.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And with the Broncos putting 22 points on the Roosters, not only do we go two points clear at the top but that gives us the #1 defence aswell. We’ve been pretty inconsistent this year and too be where we are is incredible.

1st on the ladder
1st for defence
3rd for offence

It’s amazing with only 1 round to go
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unbelievable. We have not been playing anywhere near good enough to warrant such standings. Just further evidence of how close the competition is.

If we had have lost today, 1st and 8th would have been separated by 2 competition points/a single game. Heading into the final round, that is astonishing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was thinking we'd probably be on the outside looking in if Smith didn't decided to retire from origin. That's how close the season has been.