Round 24 - Titans vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Daeman
Squall
Squall

You can't call me a bully, it's unacceptable, offensive and degrading.
Also, again you have resorted to racial slurs.... Really shows your Calibre, again all class
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is what Nietzsche means when he said "if you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you"?

The tormentor becomes the tormented.

if one is faced with the illusion of truth (or the illusion of the existence of the moral truth; that is, the ugly monster) and is fighting it, sooner or later, he would find himself complying with the supposed “truth”

People become what they love and hate, because their mind focuses on it.

The hall of mirrors folding in on itself.

Madness
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Time to give this place a break Cameron. I don't think it's giving you much joy atm.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can anyone give me an insight into why Tui is preferred to Kasiano? I haven't been following their progress in reserves and am keen to hear thoughts from people who are more informed.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outside of being healthy for most of the season I don't think he is preferred over Kasiano.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, I agree on the money he is on and with NAS injured, Kasiano would have seemed to be a lock to play v titans as he has the exact explosiveness that we miss in our forward pack. Are they bringing Sam back through the minor levels to give him some fitness? Seems a funny decision.

$650,000 to play reserves.

Although the website is spruiking Sam up like he is playing. sounds like he did pretty well last week.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... blessing2/

Sometimes timing is everything and that could certainly be the case for Sam Kasiano this week.

The powerful prop has not played since the Round 15 win over Newcastle due to a knee injury but could be set for a recall against the Gold Coast.

Kasiano has been named on an eight-man extended bench, leaving him in contention for a bench spot to replace one of injured pair Nelson Asofa-Solomona or Brandon Smith. O0

He has played one game in the Intrust Super Cup in his return from injury which came two weeks ago against the Falcons and showed he was ready to step back up to first grade with 116 metres,1 line break and a try in 48 minutes.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/08/23/12/ ... s-round-24

“Cameron Smith, is he playing?” Freddy asked.

“He’s gone a bit soft, he’s walked off twice now and he’s come back and played the week after.

“Come on Cam, toughen up!”

Fittler had only just begun dissecting the crunch match before he was interrupted by the chirping sound of his mobile phone.

“That might be Cam, sorry for bagging you mate,” Fittler said, after settling on the Storm.

However, Joey thinks there are too many hurdles for the Storm to overcome in terms of missing personnel and opted instead for the home team.

“Titans on the Gold Coast,” Joey said.

“Cameron Smith has been named I understand? I don’t understand why you’d play him.

“Titans, good price up there, always hard to beat at the Gold Coast and I think the Titans will win this one.”
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've been wondering what the point of posting that is for and I've got nothing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have an idea as to why...
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza and yh.
I don't follow every single little piece of journalistic licence (crap) so am always interested to read the snippets and I can't be asred watching the whole links. People on here post stories and retype the key components and for the lazy ones like me I am thankful.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Well just bought my tickets for the 2nd closest game I get to watch the Storm at...

Is Cam Smith fit? Lots of media folk like on NSW360 suggesting Bellamy should rest him but I can’t see an obvious replacement bar maybe Jacks

Tough game ahead any win, no matter how scrappy, will do with the team we have out
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

SunshineCoastStormer wrote:Well just bought my tickets for the 2nd closest game I get to watch the Storm at...

Is Cam Smith fit? Lots of media folk like on NSW360 suggesting Bellamy should rest him but I can’t see an obvious replacement bar maybe Jacks

Tough game ahead any win, no matter how scrappy, will do with the team we have out
I remember going to a Storm game at CBUS some years ago while on vacation and there were more storm fans there than Titans (or at least close to 50/50 split). Obviously we get some good support up there. Hope you enjoy the game.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:blazza and yh.
I don't follow every single little piece of journalistic licence (crap) so am always interested to read the snippets and I can't be asred watching the whole links. People on here post stories and retype the key components and for the lazy ones like me I am thankful.

Me too. Happy to read such stories.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Actual articles are fine but what was the point of posting quotes from Fittler essentially calling Smith soft?
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I didn't understand the point of that post either. More than happy for summarised articles to be thrown into the forum but only if they add value to the discussion at hand.