Round 23 - Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As Craig said post-game, Harry Grant and Billy Waters are both injured too, so no genuine dummy half if Cam does not come up.

Tonight was a win of huge character, but I think the whole squad must have walked under a ladder. Of our top 40 players, all played last week. 6 or so got injured last week , another 4 tonight plus Chambers will get rubbed out.

Oh well, we are top at the moment, and 17 blokes will pull on the jersey next week. If they show the determination the lads showed tonight, they will be fine.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Courageous effort in the second half to hold on as long as we did. Disappointing to concede that try but overall a massive effort given the circumstances and miles apart from the effort we have seen over the past couple of weeks.

Unfortunately it has come at a monumental cost... Very unlucky to pick up so many injuries tonight and could unfortunately really damage our season/finals run.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don’t think Chambers has too much to worry about honestly. He moves Hayne’s head to the side. Not much in it imo, not really a crusher tackle at all
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

I'd say we might see ryley jacks at 9 if cam is out.
Hughes to wing if he is ok.
Would prefer to see olam over Blair but know we won't.
Vete kasiano tui so there are a few options.
Worst case next week if all from tonight go out.
1. Slater
2. Hughes
3. Blair/olam
4. Scott
5. Jac
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. Jbrom
9. Jacks
10. Welch
11. Kaufusi
12. Stimson
13. Finucane
14. Kbrom
15. Glasby
16. Kasiano
17. Vete

Not a bad team still.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Massive effort from Brandon to struggle through an extra 8 minutes or so after damaging his (I assume) medial. Even forced a turnover. Spewing we will be without him in the coming weeks :'(
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Moot point now, but Craig made the right call playing NAS from the bench after a few of us called it last week. He was very strong when he came on and gave us that spark we have been lacking.

Kasiano and Vete can/will do the same (just probably not quite as good).
Mofo
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm2016 wrote:I'd say we might see ryley jacks at 9 if cam is out.
Hughes to wing if he is ok.
Would prefer to see olam over Blair but know we won't.
Vete kasiano tui so there are a few options.
Worst case next week if all from tonight go out.
1. Slater
2. Hughes
3. Blair/olam
4. Scott
5. Jac
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. Jbrom
9. Jacks
10. Welch
11. Kaufusi
12. Stimson
13. Finucane
14. Kbrom
15. Glasby
16. Kasiano
17. Vete

Not a bad team still.
Agree for the most part, maybe kbrom at hooker? Has filled in there in the past.
SunshineCoastStormer
Squall
Squall

Have to play Olam before Blair - he just offers far more. Not sure about wing - Hughes if fit but may not be. I’m expecting Chambers to get suspended.

Hooker will be interesting - K Brom seems to have a decent pass and would be solid defensively.

In the forwards Vete offers far more than Kasiano whole Patrick Kaufusi might also get a shout

Great effort tonight but has certainly had long term damage with injuries.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll see Cam back and Hughes on the bench.
Blair will get either wing or centre with Olam coming in if Chambers and Suli are both out.
Hope NAS and Brandon are back by the Penrith game along with Suli
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

What about Earl? We just resigned him, he has played a few games now. He is a centre/wing. I would love to see it.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

I thought Croft played quite well. Apart from one easy dropped ball he threatened to break the line a few times, tackled better and controlled play well when Munster was in the bin.

Would like to see him get another game.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote:What about Earl? We just resigned him, he has played a few games now. He is a centre/wing. I would love to see it.
He hasn't been re-signed yet
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft was solid for sure. Defended quite well, running game looked threatening. His passing game is still not close to where he needs it still but hopefully that will come. He could've easily had a pass lead to an intercept try the other way.

Maybe this is a thing league wide but our kicking when we're on halfway or just inside is so unimaginative. Not once did we look to pin the ball down into a corner and get them to start sets deep inside their own half. Instead all we're doing in putting up these half ass high balls that put the back three under zero pressure. Our best kick of the night was when Croft kicked to run time off the clock and snuck a grubber in right in front of the side line post.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambers has been hit with a Grade 3 Dangerous Contact charge. Will miss 3 weeks with an early guilty plea.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How are 8+ Parra players not facing bans too? Clearly went out last night with tge intent to cause injury! Clearly! No two ways about it!