Munster being chased by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Is he going to be just like I$rael Folau, wants to be closer to his family? Be they in Brisbane, Greater Western Sydney, Waratahs...
Daeman
Squall
Squall

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/23/mar ... ls-circle/

"He's indicated his strong preference is to stay with us, so as soon as the season is finished we'll hopefully sit down with him and his manager and work out a deal," Storm football manager Frank Ponissi told NRL.com.

"This will be a long-term deal and he will be a marquee player, he already is.

"We won't be looking at a one or two-year extension, we'll be hopefully tabling a long-term deal and that's why we'll wait until after the year to tackle a negotiation like that.

"He's a player in a pivotal position in the spine, he brings people through the gate. Whether he plays at six or goes back to one is up to Craig to decide next year.

"He's also matured enormously off the field and had a terrific season and we're confident of keeping him long-term."

Ponissi said Munster's decision to put any contract talks on hold is "purely because he wants to focus on the finals"

Sounds like Munster wants to stay with Melbourne and so long as we table a fair and competitive offer there's a high probability he'll be staying
Mofo
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

https://coupler-foxsports-com-au.cdn.am ... 20%251%24s
I wasn't worried about him leaving until CB said this.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mofo wrote:https://coupler-foxsports-com-au.cdn.am ... 20%251%24s
I wasn't worried about him leaving until CB said this.
I heard this too in the interview- I wouldn’t be too worried Craig gets a tad mixed up when he gets upset
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It’s a genuine frustration that I share but it is part and parcel of having a salary cap. I don’t think they should change the rules. Dispensation for veteran players (which they already have) is perfect. Stop there.

The real issue is the NRL taking very little responsibility for junior development and instead relying on the clubs and State competitions.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just read a story in the daily telegraph by Rothfield that when Munster got a phone call from a "third party" saying the Roosters were after him. He went straight into Craig's office and told him. They then called in Frank and decided to put all talks on hold until after the season. What a up front guy.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Just read a story in the daily telegraph by Rothfield that when Munster got a phone call from a "third party" saying the Roosters were after him. He went straight into Craig's office and told him. They then called in Frank and decided to put all talks on hold until after the season. What a up front guy.
If this is indeed the case how does anybody know? Did Rothfield make the "third party" call?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

So true. Considering Rothfield was the one that said Munster would be a Rooster in 2020
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Word on the street is that the Roosters are about to make 4 year offer to Drinkwater
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahaha except Bellamy said we re signed him so sucked in roosters
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When did he say that?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storminghome wrote:Word on the street is that the Roosters are about to make 4 year offer to Drinkwater

He is signed thru til 2019
storminghome
Squall
Squall

mystormboys wrote:
storminghome wrote:Word on the street is that the Roosters are about to make 4 year offer to Drinkwater

He is signed thru til 2019
That’s only next year!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

And the prize goes to blazza18 for predicting some goose would say this.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Roosters also making play for Marty Taupau. Don’t they have a lima lima lima duck Salary Cap??!!!!!