Munster being chased by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:You tone is threatening and a threat by clear definition is in the eye of the beholder. So if I tell you that you are threatening me or using threatening behaviour, then by clear definition that is what it is.
threaten
/ˈθrɛt(ə)n/
verb

1. state one's intention to take hostile action against (someone) in retribution for something done or not done.
"how dare you threaten me?"

synonyms: menace, intimidate, browbeat, bully, cow, pressurize, lean on, terrorize, frighten, scare, alarm;

---

Still making up your own definitions huh... :?
Cameron wrote:so far the last 3 or 4 posts have been threatening bullying and personal attacks. All I want to do is talk Storm but all you want to do is be a bully.
Acts like a troll. Gets called a troll. Cries about being "threatened" and "bullied" despite clearly not knowing what those words actually mean.
:'( :'( RUOK?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Under NO circumstances does your personal objection to a term used about you by others justify you posting a string of offensive racial slurs. You can attempt to make your point without! DO NOT do this again! - Mods

That is clearly threatening and hostile and let me try and explain it to you. For years White Australians used to go around calling aboriginals deleted by mods and slurs that were far far worse and the white man would go around and say, it is ok, the aboriginal knows I am saying it with affection. In fact, the opposite was happening, those terms were detrimental and degrading to the aboriginal people and mocking of them in a lot of cases, even mocking their humanity. The term troll does the same thing. And it is all in the eye of the beholder. so if I say to you, I find a term mocking or degrading, then it is mocking and degrading and you have to decease and desist from using it because I have told you that I find it disturbing. That is how modern edicate works brother. You don't dictate what I find devaluing of my identity, I get to make that call. in the same way our culture has now accepted that calling people deleted by mods or any other term is wrong because it affects people's sensitivities. That is where we are in the journey as a humankind. All the posts you are writing are extremely over the top in their tone and rhetoric and personal attacks and this way of thinking and operating has been called out by modern clinical physiologist for what it is, glorified bullying and hate mongering. Even more than older types of public shaming, online shaming lacks context. It occurs, usually, not within an ongoing relationship between the people involved - and is therefore more likely to be triggered, unfairly, by misunderstandings.The wave then crashes on someone's head; explanations, apologies or other efforts to respond; and the attention of the denizens of this particular Internet platform don't want to see this type of a elongated conversation between us. Finally, as others have noted, we also need more forgiveness on the Internet.

I forgive you.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:That is clearly threatening and hostile and let me try and explain it to you. For years White Australians used to go around calling aboriginals deleted and slurs that were far far worse and the white man would go around and say, it is ok, the aboriginal knows I am saying it with affection. In fact, the opposite was happening, those terms were detrimental and degrading to the aboriginal people and mocking of them in a lot of cases, even mocking their humanity. The term troll does the same thing. And it is all in the eye of the beholder. so if I say to you, I find a term mocking or degrading, then it is mocking and degrading and you have to decease and desist from using it because I have told you that I find it disturbing. That is how modern edicate works brother. You don't dictate what I find devaluing of my identity, I get to make that call. in the same way our culture has now accepted that calling people deleted or any other term is wrong because it affects people's sensitivities. That is where we are in the journey as a humankind. All the posts you are writing are extremely over the top in their tone and rhetoric and personal attacks and this way of thinking and operating has been called out by modern clinical physiologist for what it is, glorified bullying and hate mongering. Even more than older types of public shaming, online shaming lacks context. It occurs, usually, not within an ongoing relationship between the people involved - and is therefore more likely to be triggered, unfairly, by misunderstandings.The wave then crashes on someone's head; explanations, apologies or other efforts to respond; and the attention of the denizens of this particular Internet platform don't want to see this type of a elongated conversation between us. Finally, as others have noted, we also need more forgiveness on the Internet.

I forgive you.
Holy. Sh*t.
Comparing your plight of being called a 'troll' to that of Aboriginal people... Then two different instances where you just launch into random outbursts of offensive racial terms for no reason whatsoever :lol:

Edicate
Physiologist

This entire post. Just wow.
Daeman
Squall
Squall

Sorry if your feels are all hurt mate. I guess I'll refrain from the highly derogatory racial slur of troll and move to the more PC accepted "Fisher person".... I'd hate to have to hear you compare your internet plight to that of our nation's first people again.

By the way, I would have thought someone of your obviously high education And intelligence would have been aware that many indigenous Australians find the term Aboriginal highly offensive....
And way to drop the N bomb and wog in a pitiful attempt to belittle and shame others

Get a grip....
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well that escalated quickly.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

#trolllivesmatter
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:#trolllivesmatter
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:That is clearly threatening and hostile and let me try and explain it to you. ...The term troll does the same thing. And it is all in the eye of the beholder. so if I say to you, I find a term mocking or degrading, then it is mocking and degrading and you have to decease and desist from using it because I have told you that I find it disturbing.
You're exactly right, it is in the eye of the beholder.
A troll is defined as someone who:
- "...makes deliberately offensive or provocative online posts" (OED)
- "antagonizes (others) online by deliberately " (Webster)
- "someone who, protected by online anonymity, posts messages in a discussion forum, chat room, etc., which are designed to disrupt the normal flow of communication by being inflammatory or puzzling" (Macquarie),
and you sir fit the bill.

I am sorry if you object to the definition, but obviously there are plenty of posters here who object to your repeated and consistent posting of inflammatory or irrelevant comments and disruptive content.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dear all,
It seems that Cameron is upset that the response of many on this board to his repeated and consistent posting of inflammatory or irrelevant comments and disruptive content is to call him a "troll". He finds the term mocking and degrading.
So, in the spirit of fairness, I suggest that people may choose to stop using the term. And (also in the spirit of fairness) I propose that Cameron cease and desist forthwith from any behaviour which could be considered by the general internet community as trolling*.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:A few points for all of you who are trying to bully me.

1) Cameron hasn't signed and he will be the No 1 player chased by everyone when he comes out of contract. They will throw the kitchen sink at him.
2) I spoke to Cameron at Christian Welch's BBQ but as if he was going to tell me about his future when it was a positive night to support a charity and get to know the players. I did get the feeling in a few comments that he wouldn't mind a larger limelight than he currently has.
3) as if the Roosters would worry about not talking to Cameron before November. When did the Roosters ever play by the rules?
4) its not just Rothfield who is saying it; everyone is saying it!!!
5) Cameron is young and can change his mind
6) where there is smoke there is fire
7) I hope Munster stays more than anyone as we share the same name. For those who care what Kenty thinks. Kenty thinks Munster will stay.
Ok. I'll bite

1) Of course when the best players coming onto the open market most clubs will throw everything at them. Happens in every sport so hardly anything enlightning there.
2) Post the comments that made you think he;'d like more of the limelight please? That said once Bill moves on next year and Cam the year after he'll run the show so how much more limelight would he need?
3) Agree on that point.
4) No they aren't only the Sydney media and even then you said Kent think he'll stay so not 'everyone' is saying it. Mind you this was the same media who had Cam signed sealed and delivered too the Ponies last contact, not to mention Bellayache was odds on to the Queens and then the Ponies in his last two contracts. Everyone was saying it then as well.....
5) Not sure why that has any relevance, everyone is entitled to change their mind regardless of age but anyway...
6) Not always, especially when it comes to media (see reply 4)
7) Meh
Daeman
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:Dear all,
It seems that Cameron is upset that the response of many on this board to his repeated and consistent posting of inflammatory or irrelevant comments and disruptive content is to call him a "troll". He finds the term mocking and degrading.
So, in the spirit of fairness, I suggest that people may choose to stop using the term. And (also in the spirit of fairness) I propose that Cameron cease and desist forthwith from any behaviour which could be considered by the general internet community as trolling*.
Is "Fisher person" acceptable?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:I'm rapidly starting to wonder if storminghome and Cameron are alt accounts.

I was actually thinking if Cherry Poppins had made a return....
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm Cameron Munster contract talks on hold | Herald Sun
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/...munster ... 46e4e7137c
2 hours ago - CAMERON Munster has suspended contract talks with Melbourne Storm until the end of the season.

MUNSTER PUTS CONTRACT TALKS ON HOLD
WITH Cameron Munster the most sought after player in the NRL, Melbourne Storm are eager tie their prized asset to a long-term contract. But this time, the reigning premiers will have to wait.

There even writing in the Sunshine Times that the Titans are in the mix for Munster.

Titans in mix for Munster
Sunshine Coast Daily-8 minutes ago
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Dear all,
The KKK member down the road hates being called a racist. Do I have to ‘decease and desist’ aptly labelling him also?
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Do we need to air the dirty washing, can people go to private messaging?