Munster being chased by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm are renaming Billy's Buddies Little Munsters he ain't going nowhere
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I tend to agree, I don't think he will be going anywhere. He will get a sizeable pay packet at the Storm (maybe not as much as some other clubs will throw at him). A big carrot will be the opportunity to be the marquee player and face of the most successful club in the competition as it moves into a new era.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're gunna give him a 4 or 5 year deal worth $5-$6 million + the opportunity to be the new face of the team and rugby league in Victoria. Get to play under the best coach in the business as well.

What I'm saying here is good luck to those other clubs who think they are a chance here.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:We're gunna give him a 4 or 5 year deal worth $5-$6 million + the opportunity to be the new face of the team and rugby league in Victoria. Get to play under the best coach in the business as well.

What I'm saying here is good luck to those other clubs who think they are a chance here.
Spot on. Can't argue with any off those points and as I mentioned earlier in this thread I'm more than confident he'll re-sign long term. Why the f#*k would he go to a soulless club in a shithole city like the Roosters/Sydney? It's just not gonna happen....

Ok Cronk did :lol: But the two situations couldn't be more different
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:We're gunna give him a 4 or 5 year deal worth $5-$6 million +
Where did you get this from?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nowhere. It's just the going rate for good players these days.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

More reports today that Roosters close to signing Munster.
Do they have a lima lima lima duck Salary Cap??!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be very surprised if firstly doesn't re-sign with its and even more surprised if he signs with that soulless club. Make no mistake, we'll have the money to offer him with Bill moving on and Cam most likely the year after next so IF he wants to stay then he aint going anywhere.

This is a mixture off the usual tabloid hack Sydney media and his manager feeding it to them to ups his price which is just what managers have been doing for years. The more money they get for their client the more money that lines their own pocket.

To be honest I'm more confident of Munster re-signing than what I have been with Smith, Slater and Bellamy in the past when they've contracts have come up. This bloke has the world at his feet in Melbourne and will lead us into the next 10 years or so
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They can't even talk to him for another few months. They aren't close to anything. Stop making up bullshit.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Reports yesterday the roosters signed Brock Lamb from the Knights. They have Cronk, Keary, Lamb and O'Sullivan as 6/7 on the roster. How many do they need and more importantly how do they pay them
Last edited by glennb on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

They are cheating the salary cap. End of story.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:Reports yesterday the roosters signed Brock Lamb from the Knights. They have Cronk, Keary, Lamb and O'Sullivan as 6/7 on the rostrers. How many do they need and more importantly how do they pay them
Also Lachlan Lam, the son of Adrian Lam, looks a good young half as well
storminghome
Squall
Squall

Rothfield reporting tonite that Munster will be at the Roosters in 2020
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gonski. That is the worst news in Melbourne Storm history. Rothfield alluded to it on 360 last night and said he feared for the Storm now.

Also backs up the roosters coaches comments about "thank God there is a salary cap" except for the roosters. Ennis laughed when they came back to him. They all know. They all know.

We will have to rebuild everything and start from nothing. This is a real kick to our culture.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6525b51125

THE Roosters have their eye on Storm, Queensland and Australia star Cameron Munster to replace Cooper Cronk for the 2020 season.
Phil Rothfield dropped the bombshell on Fox Sports’ Big League Wrap on Monday night.

“Cameron Munster is under contract with the Storm until the end of next season and will stay there, but in 2020 I think there is a very big chance he will be at Bondi Junction wearing a Sydney Roosters jersey,” Rothfield said.

“The money they get when Cooper Cronk retires and he is on one million a year, they will just give that to Munster.

“The Roosters are looking long term and when it is legal to talk to him in November, they will be having a whack.”

It was put to Rothfield that Munster is a running five-eighth and might not be the best like for like replacement for Cronk.

“Luke Keary could play halfback and aren’t halfbacks and five-eighths the same now and they can be interchangeable?” he said.

“Munster has a very close relationship with the Storm assistant coach Adam O’Brien who has had him a long time and O’Brien is coming to be Trent Robinson’s assistant at the Roosters next year.”

Munster will have no shortage of interest when he comes off contract next year and a number of clubs would be chasing his services, including the Storm.

James Hooper told Big League Wrap that he could have any club he wanted to go to.

“He can take his pick,” Hooper said.

“Any club in the competition would love to sign him and I don’t think the Roosters will be the only club targeting him.

“The theory is that once Cooper Cronk retires, Luke Keary can move into the No. 7 and Cameron Munster can move into the No.6.”
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Roosters can’t even talk to him until November. It’s all bullshit. They’re big reasoning is because Cronks retiring that frees up 1 million for Munster, yet they conveniently forget that Billy Slater is retiring this year and Smith most probably next year. The Storm will have more money available to throw at him then anyone