Munster being chased by Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Not a yawn until Cameron is signed, sealed and delivered long term into the nestling bosom of Melbourne Storm prosperity.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure how he'd do in the Sydney fish bowl.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez what a shock, other teams are interested in signing Munster! :shock2: Of course they are it's the nature of the game but I'm actually pretty confident of him staying.

Bill might go on next year again and while that doesn't have anything to do with the FB position, Bill would be up there at the million dollar price tag so that money will free up in 2019. If if decides to hang them up this year then that money will be there earlier.

Then we have Cam, he's a shoe in to go on next year and who knows, maybe a year after that if he can hold up but either way again that money will be available as well. Not to mention we had a million dollars set aside to have Cronk for the last year, yeah that money might be gone now on player retention but if he stayed on another year and took that we may not have had the money to re-sign some of the younger blokes so him leaving may have been a blessing in disguise in that respect.

I've no doubt the money will be there so it just comes down to Munster wanting to stay which I'm also confident about after what he's said in the past that Bellyache re-signing. This talk is ALWAYS going to happen when the best in the game come on the market and while we inevitably lose players like every club, we tend to hold onto the ones we want more often than we lose them...
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I know it was 2 years ago I remembered this article and which is why I'm confident he'll stay. While of course he'll want the best deal he can, I don't think he's a mercenary and won't jump ship for a bit more money. Especially after all the issues he had in the off season off field, the Storm stuck by him, he pulled his head in and is playing the best footy he ever has. Move on people, nothing to see here......;)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/ ... 1742445dd9
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron wrote: What the Roosters can offer is media and third parties and the type of limelight he probably wants.
I don't think he's the sort of player who would want or benefit from the 'limelight'. Given his history with alcohol and struggling to be away from his family, I don't think he'd want the distractions and temptations that signing with a Sydney club would entail.

I genuinely think Melbourne is the best place for him in terms of city profile, coaching and playing group. We also have a bit of cash to spend after Billy leaves and can top up contracts with third party sponsorship. I think he's been marked as the marquee player post-Smith and the club won't let him go unless his demands are unreasonable or his preference is to go elsewhere for family/personal reasons.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

With Billy confirmed as retiring, this opens up the FB spot for Munster to have on his own right next year.
We need to pay him whatever he wants. Cannot let him leave.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately for him It probably doesn’t open up the spot.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think the club can and will mount a fair argument to him that he should continue at 5/8. Munster's representative career has exploded since making the move to 6. His personal impact on games has also increased significantly.

I think the team overall is better with Munster at 6 and Hughes at FB, than the other way around.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can I ask where this report is coming from. I know Titan's were after him
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm starting to be a little concerned he hasn't signed yet....but maybe he was waiting to see what $$$ fell loose with Billy retiring ?

He'd have been stupid to sign earlier I suppose without knowing the full financial picture
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I think the club can and will mount a fair argument to him that he should continue at 5/8. Munster's representative career has exploded since making the move to 6. His personal impact on games has also increased significantly.

I think the team overall is better with Munster at 6 and Hughes at FB, than the other way around.
He is going to end up like Widdop where they are better at fullback but playing in the halves is better for their team(s).
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:I think the club can and will mount a fair argument to him that he should continue at 5/8.
I think they make this case and then leave it to him to choose. Ultimately it needs to be his choice if it's going to have longer term benefits.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Crikey must be terrifying for Munster being chased by ferocious Roosters!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just listening to Munster talking to the media, it’s sounds to me like he’s probably leaning towards staying at 5/8 next year. He realises that 5/8 is his best chances at rep footy. I think he’ll stay there and won’t need much convincing
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wonder how much of that is saying what he thinks people want to hear him to say.