Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero / anyone, where is the best place to go looking for all the individual stats?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

storminghome wrote:Apparently Cameron Smith is gone for the season. Archilles injury
Sounds like gross assumption and over reaction to me.
https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/ ... 3199063040
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He was walking around after the game. If his Achilles was gone he would be in so much pain he would not be able to sit let alone walk. it was a very large assumption.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bullucked wrote:yourhero / anyone, where is the best place to go looking for all the individual stats?
My favourites are http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/ for individual game stats and https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ts/players for season stats.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Getting all relevant stats is infinitely more difficult than it should be.

I use championdata as above, but even then they don’t capture everything (like minutes played). So you end up having to go to two or three places. Pretty embarrassing tbh.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

SMITH AVOIDS SERIOUS INJURY
MELBOURNE Storm will be praying Cameron Smith’s injury is on the minor end after the captain hobbled off against South Sydney with fears it could be an achilles.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I've only seen the highlights so far, but are people still thinking that Blair is a better option at centre than Chambers?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:I've only seen the highlights so far, but are people still thinking that Blair is a better option at centre than Chambers?
It was a stupid argument before but after his last couple of games there is no argument whatsoever.

I still want an explanation as to why Blair played centre and Chambers played wing, it makes no sense to me.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair played in the centres because Bellamy is a winningest coach and knows best imo.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Blair, Chambers positional switch was a head scratcher for sure. Chambers is a better centre than Cheyse and Cheyse is a better winger than Will.
The best part of last night was we saw what the Rabbitohs bring thats as good they get. Their depth in attack, their left side stacking and changes of directions.
Oh and their booing fans are the ugliest toothless bunch I have seen.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I am staggered we have Cheyse for 2 more seasons after this. On recent performances, I would have thought he'd be a good one to ship out. I bet Cheyse is thrilled to be get $$ until end of 2020.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be fair Cheyse has never played this poorly and is usually a left centre. Doesn't excuse him but he wasn't the only one who was poor.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

^^^

oh absolutely. I like him, but I can't see him ever getting back to his pre-injury form, sadly.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cheyse has always had these games in him. It’s why the Roosters let him go, it’s why the Eels told him to get out, it’s why Manly didn’t want to keep him. He’s not the player a lot on here think he is. He’s an ok backup for a couple games against weakened teams but at full strength should be nowhere near top grade