Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just pathetic. Somehow found a reason to play Slade Griffin a token 10 minutes every game for three months but can't find a spot for a superior player in a weaker forward pack 12 months later.

Despite only averaging 27 minutes a game he's 2nd amongst our forwards in tackle breaks per game. Leads the team in metres per run.

There are a few posters who like Kenny but there really is no argument for him over Smith outside of maybe something defensively stats don't show.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I tried to warn everyone this was gunna happen. Nobody believed me
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I still don’t believe it...
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can certainly see the positives in putting B. Smith in but given the type of opposition, who do you drop?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think the team supports both Hoffman and Stimson.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Could it be - just maybe - that Bellamy knows what he'd doing and that he has good reason to bring Brandon back though the reggies?

16 years, 15 finals appearances counts for something. Four times premiers. Four is it minor premiers? 11 or something top 4? Give the bloke some credit.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

6 minor premierships 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2016, 2017
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What does this have to do with giving Bellamy credit or not? How strange.. Being a great coach doesn't stop you from being criticised over player selections. Or should we just be fine that Ryan Hoffman plays 80 minutes ever week?

Also Brandon has been out for two weeks not two months. And it's not like we don't just bring players back immediately after injury cc Finucane, Dale.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:What does this have to do with giving Bellamy credit or not? How strange.. Being a great coach doesn't stop you from being criticised over player selections. Or should we just be fine that Ryan Hoffman plays 80 minutes ever week?

Also Brandon has been out for two weeks not two months. And it's not like we don't just bring players back immediately after injury cc Finucane, Dale.
Maybe they want to give Brandon 80 minutes but know it cannot be done in first grade?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

What we have at the moment is very very strong competition for spots on a winning team.

I think we should be happy about that.

No one and I mean no one can take a week off. They know there is someone behind them in the pecking order working their butt off to take their place.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm a huge Stimson fan but I would rather see Brandon on the bench as I feel he has better utility value and has shown better form in recent outings. I can't think of another reason to play him in reggies apart from what Lucas said about giving him some significant game time perhaps to ease back with his injury concern.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very hard for Bellamy to drop Stimson from starting in the run on team and playing to out of the team on the back of a 44-10 win.

Bellamy loves Hoffman. He was always going to come back ahead of anyone.

So we would have needed two changes this week. Not happening.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey, nobody is questioning Bellamy's ability to do his job but team selections are always going to be a point of discussion. That's why we are here.

Like some others, I also would start Stimson and leave Hoffman out. However given that Hoffman seems to have a golden pass, regardless of performance this year, I don't believe we have seen great value in having Stimson on the bench.

Personally I feel Brandon has well and truly earned his spot in the 17 and the team loses something with him being left out. I would be interested in hearing someone put forward an argument that Stimson has offered more from the bench than Brandon in 2018...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is not about who is best. Like most things in life; it is about Politics.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or... the whole easing him back from injury thing maybe? There's no need to rush him back when there are far more important games coming up.